Thursday, October 12, 2017

Why Do Things Have to be So Complicated or Do I Have a Story

Just when you think things are going okay, the gods just kick you in the butt.
I blogged about Katy's move to the big city.
She started her new job on October 2 and things were going just fine.
She got home from work on Wednesday and was home for about a half hour when she heard a commotion coming from the neighbors.
She looked out her back door and saw her car go peeling out of the parking lot.  
HER CAR WAS STOLEN!

She called the police and they started the process but, she had to go to the station.
She called home in tears.  Nothing worse than having your kid call home in tears with the news her car had been stolen.  I called my sister and asked if she could take her to the police station and thankfully she did.  Katy filed a report.  Her car wasn't worth much because it was fifteen years old but, it still worked pretty good and had gotten a clean bill of health from the mechanic before she left.  We only had it insured for liability since it was so old.  

Bob started looking at used cars that night.  I went to stitching what else could I do and it was most therapeutic.  By the time I did get home I was angry with the a--hole who stole it.  I hope for karma!
When I woke up in the morning I told Bob we are thinking about this the wrong way.  Instead of getting her a used car that who knows what is up, we should give her my 2010 Escape and I should get a new car.   I spent all Thursday researching and test driving cars.  The money we would have used for a used car I used on a down payment on a 2016 Equinox that was a fleet car.   I really like the car but, I really didn't want to buy a new car just yet.  Oh well.  
On Friday, Bob got a call from a guy in a lousy neighborhood saying our car was behind his building.
Bob told him to call the police because it was reported stolen.  Who knows what this guy was going to shake us down for.  When Bob asked what kind of shape it was in, the guy said, "Oh its not that bad.  The doors are open and they were smoking pot in it."  When Katy called us at 6:30, after she talked to the police the police had a different story.  The car was totaled.  It had been crashed through two fences and into another car.  Today, I sent a notarized letter signed by both Bob and I and the title to the city tow lot relinquishing it to the city.  I don't want to see it.  It had been my car before the Escape.  

We brought the Escape to her this past weekend along with The Club to further secure her car.  I got one too for when we go to see her.  It isn't a bad neighborhood she is living in.  Apparently, juveniles are stealing cars all over the city and surrounding area.  Even the very best neighborhoods are not immune.  

Then my cable provider has moved Turner Classic Movies to a higher tier.  I am so over cable TV and cellular providers.  They are the new pirates.  I think cable and internet should be considered utilities now.  We live in an area where digital antennas won't work.  You have to have at least a 30 foot antenna and guess what...its against the city ordinance.  We are screwed!
I can live stream TCM from laptop to the TV with a HDMI cord...it burps once and a while but, I can get my old movie fix.  

Why do things have to be so flippin complicated....don't get me started on health insurance!  

Deep cleansing breath
Latest progress on Autumn Sampler.  
I hope I don't forget the leaves in the bottom corner before I frame it.  
I have been know to miss borders.  LOL
I am really hoping for a calm weekend and get my house back in order.  It still looks like a hurricane when through it.  I was going to get things back in order but, had to car shop instead. 

Hope your week is going well.  

Keep on stitching!
Monica

5 comments:

  1. Your Autumn piece looks great and it won't be much longer before you have a finish. I am sorry to hear about Katy's car being stolen. It is a blessing she wasn't in it. Your new set of wheels is very nice looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have had quite a plate full!! I hope things work out better for Katy! Our daughter went through a similar experience when she moved to her first job area! Your sampler does look very nice!! Enjoy the new car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Katy gets everything sorted out.
    You feel so violated.
    Car stealing is a big thing here too.
    I feel the same about cable service, it's just a money-maker.
    The Sampler is looking great.
    Have a great weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart, Monica...Katy too....Shame seeing bad things happening to good people.. Hope they catch up with the culprits and give them a come to Jesus meeting. The
    sampler is simply beautiful.. There is so much garbage and
    offensive viewing on TV, that many of us would be lost without Turner (the good ole days) Cable is just hitching itself up out of favor. So many are shutting them off.
    Out of the huge menu, there are only 4-5 channels worth watching ;all the rest are the garbage, promotions and selling of products. Enjoy the new car...you earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete