Sunday, January 20, 2013

WOW! I Think I Have a Blog Hangover

I have looked at nearly all the blogs at the blog party.  I have started following several.  I have no idea how many more I am following but, I bet it is close to twenty.  The interesting thing is it was like a whole new world.  The blogs I started following when I first embarked on this adventure, was how I found more blogs.  So, all the blogs I have been following are the blogs that everyone in my blog world are following.  (I hope that makes some sense.)  I am now following completely unknown and new worlds.  It is like having a whole different set of friends.   It seems like I have been looking at so much bloggy stuff I have a blog hangover.  It has been really fun.  

I have acquired about 10 new followers to my blog.  Welcome to all of you.  I am so glad you have decided to visit.  I have enjoyed all the wonder comments.  Thanks so much!!

I had a little bit of time to stitch.  I am nearly done with the little picture in the corner.  Pardon the winkles but, that's what happens when you are "hoopless".  
 We really are in the midst of January.  Tomorrow, the high is only going to be -1.  Brrr!!!!  I made sure I had a clean pair of cordoroy pants to wear to work tomorrow.  It got to 6 today but, I didn't have to leave the house today.  Got all the errands done yesterday while it was still in the 30's.
 Only about two more days and Buster's stitches come out and we can 86 the cone.  In case you didn't notice he does have his own blog.  It is on my left side bar, called Totally Buster.  He needs a little help with typing. When a guy doesn't have thumbs, a guy can't use the space bar.


Years ago, I knitted a sweater. ( I have made several sweaters over the years...not so much recently).  I think I wore it about twice and decided I didn't like it.  So I took it all apart and washed the wool. It is Nature Spun wool and hand washable.   I had it wound into hanks and in a bag in my craft closet in the basement.  It was there for the last 10 years or so.  Amazingly, it didn't smell musty.  Katy found a picture on Pintrest of a fisherman sweater and wants one.  The yarn should work and there is an amazing amount of the yarn.  The original sweater was intensely cabled and called for 1600 yards of yarn.  The one I plan to make calls for the same amount so, I should be good.  I just need to measure her before she goes back so it will fit.  I don't think I will be able to get it done this winter.  You never know.
Thanks for stopping by.  I am always really glad to hear from you.  It makes my day.  Hope you have had a good weekend and not too hung over from the blog party.

Keep on Stitching
Monica

14 comments:

  1. Great progress!

    It sounds like it's FREEZING down there!! It snows every 2 or 3 years or so down here in Georgia. :P

    Good luck with the sweater!

    ~McKenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect stitching project for your weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were working at Michigan state in December. It was so terribly cold. We haven't seen any snow here yet but Winter is not over.
    Have a wonderful week!
    ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Monica,

    Nice to meet you!

    I did counted cross stitch for 8 years straight then I decided to teach my "left" hand how to crochet. :0) I took to it passionately and after 20+ years I'm still crocheting. I would love to knit as well as I can crochet. One day....as they say. :0) Good Luck on that sweater...I know it will beautiful.

    So nice to meet you! And thanks so much for visiting with me and for entering my giveaway.

    Hugs,
    Steph ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching!!The snowman is to cute!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent progress on the whip. I admire your ability to stitch hooplessly (if that's even a word). I can't imagine not having a hoop or q-snaps. But to each their own, right? Buster looks so cute - but I hate the cone. We had one for our dog a while back and the poor thing didn't know what to do with herself when it was on. So much so she would just stand in one place and not move. While it was so sad to see then I can't help but laugh at it now lol.

    Have a great week!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Monica, I really like what you do here, so I’ve nominated you for a Liebster Award. Check out my post with the details and let me know if you have any questions! It’s all about new blogger getting to know each other and motivating each other! http://crossroadsofmymind.blogspot.com/2013/01/another-liebster-this-is-so-fun.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from Finland. You got a new follower from me =D. Your stitching looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I still have a dozen to go and then I'm done. Then I can say that I have visited every single blog participating in the party and I left comments on most of them. I only ignored a few with word verification. I hate them, I guess I am a robot! I know you have one too but you're a stitcher - that's different...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I finally finished visiting all the blogs today so I am with you on the blog hangover. Poor Buster, I know he will be glad to get his stitches out. Your stitching looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Monica,

    It is so nice to meet you. Your blog is lovely. I'm still making my way through visiting everyone from Vicki's Grow Your Blog party. I hope you will stop by to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful stitching! Its super cold here today as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm still working my way through the blogs! Great stitching! I look forward to seeing more...
    http://wilhelmina46.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete