Thursday, January 17, 2013

Prairie Schooler January Update

OH BOY, Its cold here.  I don't think the temperature got above 10 degrees.  It is going to be even colder on Monday.  I love wool sweaters when the weather gets this cold.  Try and find good wool sweaters these days. I remember back in the '70's and '80's it was very easy to find reasonably priced Shetland Sweaters.  Lamenting the good ole days.  Note:  Google Shetland Sweaters.  Can't find very much on LLBean or Lands End. I don't like the ones that are too heavy either....I sure am picky.

Have been happily working on Prairie Schooler January.  I think it is moving along famously.  Don't know why I decided to do January and not February especially since we are over half way through the month.  
 I really love these patterns.  I have done several months and have the full set.  I like to interchange them in the frames.  I don't have enough wall space to hand everything.
Buster has been doing well with the cone of shame and not fighting it, thankfully.  There is another issue.  Shih Tzu's can get kind of stinky.    I think it is alot of times the discharge from their eyes.  We regularly wash his face but, currently can't.   His hair is a little long so I think food stays in his beard more especially since he can't rub and go outside, roll around in the snow and generally get cleaned up.  I think the cone just amplifies the stink.  He is even more stinky than usual.  To add insult to injury, his stitches will come out on Tuesday and Thursday he will go to the groomers.    I would just give him a bath at home but, like a mentioned earlier his hair is pretty long and would just mat up.  He does really like his groomer so that isn't an issue.

Incase you hadn't noticed, I will be participating in a blog growing event.  Let me tell you, I have a stellar giveaway planned.  I think it is pretty stellar, so stop back on Saturday to check it out.

Hope you are warm and dry.  Thanks for stopping.  Your comments make the blogging much more fulfilling.

Keep on Stitching
Monica

5 comments:

  1. Keep warm!! I like the Jan. PS better than the Feb. because the Feb. changes the words of the original poem. I think I'm just a bit picky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful progress! How can one go wrong with a PS design?

    I live in TX now but lived in mid-MI for 13 years. I sure do remember those bitter cold winter days...and the grey sky day after day after day.

    Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cold had settled back in here too!
    Love your PS!
    Puppy hugs to Buster!

    ReplyDelete