Sunday, October 21, 2012

I Wish You Could See the Glow

Welcome new members!  Thanks for stopping old friends and those of you who just like to lurk.  
The photos never work out the way you truly see the world.  The Emerald Maple in our front yard has just been spectacular.  When the sunlight hits it, it reflects off of the leaves and into the house and everything just glows.  It is just amazing.  The other day when the sun just kind of peeped out and the rain clouds were in the background...it just can't be described.  I LOVE this time of the year.   The unfortunate thing is it just doesn't last long enough

There is an Oak Tree across the street.  It becomes a beautiful rusty color.  It will hold it leaves until January.
We have a Burning Bush in the front too.  I love these bushes just for the color they become in the fall.
This is how it looks from a different angle.  We still don't have any grass and probably won't until Spring.  The seed better all stick or I'm going to be one unhappy camper.  
I have been working very hard all weekend and have had little time for stitching.  Besides all the chores that need to be done on the weekend because I work, I have also been working on an on-line continuing education called Treatment of Soft Tissue Conditions of the Upper Extremity.  I need to do this to maintain my Certification.  It is as dry as a popcorn fart!!!!  The information has been excellent but, it is a snooze fest.  I did watch four hours today.  Doesn't sound like much but, it sure takes the fun out of the weekend.  I need to get through it all by the end of the month.

In the meantime, I did finish the Grim Gourds.  I need to stitch up the back but, I wanted to show you it in the frame.
I do think it looks awesome.  I did the thread in Weeks Works as opposed to the NPI or DMC.  I may have to paint the frame black.
I did get started on With Thy Needle and Thread - Autumn Splendor.  I want to make the fabric gourd but, got to get some fabric for that.  It was the October Year of the Smalls selection.  I wanted to get it when it came out last year but, never got around to it.  I can't decide yet how to finish it.  I may do a box top or I may just do a pincushion.
Here are some freebies from some of the blogs I peruse:
From Plum Street Samplers:  http://plumstreetsamplers.typepad.com/plum_street_samplers/  and from
Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe:  http://victorianmottosamplershoppe.blogspot.com/2012/10/thank-you-faithful-followers-heres.html
Finally, Stitchville USA:  http://www.needleartworks.com/stv/nwsltr/sept10/page6.pdf  a Shepherd's Bush
Some very cute designs.
Hope you had a great weekend.  Going to watch Walking Dead and try stitching alittle.
Keep on Stitching!
Monica
P.S.  Check out the Give Away in the upper corner.  Some really GREAT giveaways.  I got floss from VMSS last week.

1 comment:

  1. Grim Gourds turned out great!! Love the colors. The color of the yellow maple takes me back to my childhood when we had a tree like that in our yard. Those leaves gave us kids hours of fun making houses , etc.

    ReplyDelete