Sunday, October 7, 2012

Home Again, Home Again Jiggety Jig


I just want to thank you all for the supportive comments.  It really means a lot to have such support.
It really was a whirlwind weekend.  We did it though, we got her moved.  I think we made three trips with the Escape from one dorm to the other.  It would have really been difficult without a vehicle.  It was like the weight of the world was lifted off her shoulders.  I think she is going to be very happy in her new room and roommate.  Just looking around at the other girl's stuff, I think they should both get along well.  We hit the road at about 6:30 am and got back at 8 pm.  We both were pretty pooped but, glad we were able to do it.  

I left the husband in the town he's been working the last 6 weeks.  He has been the project engineer on a WDOT project.  It was crazy for him to come home for 18 hours.  The dilemma is he is either going to have to go to the laundromat and do it or have the attendant tomorrow do it.  It isn't like he hasn't done his laundry before, he's just spoiled and doesn't realize it.  

When I was home for a little while, Ed called.  He had been doing a good deed and was using his car to jump start a car belonging to friend of his roommate.  The didn't exactly get the cables on the right way on the other car.  "The cable kind of started on fire and we had to call the fire department.  Everything is okay.  My car works and nobody was hurt.  And the other car started."  I guess there are two singed spots.  I don't plan on getting it fixed.  

On the trip home, I pass this little shoppe in a small town that I have always wanted to stop at.  It has all kinds of stuff.  Antiques, newer stuff, hand made or not.  I picked up a few things.  I have been looking for stars to put on the shed along with the sun I picked up on my girls weekend a while ago.  This one is probably 10-12 inches across.  
 I thought this trencher might be fun on the table with a jar candle and pine cones in it.
 She gave me this star for free since she thought it looked pretty beat up.  I figure I could steel wool it and spray paint it.  It is smaller than the top one, maybe 6-8 inches across.  She also gave me a picture frame for free...don't know why but, I was grateful nonetheless.

Haven't had much time to stitch this weekend.  I did do a little knitting in the car.  I did make a little progress on the Grim Gourds.  If I can stay awake after dinner, I hope I can do some stitching.  I think I really need a quiet night.  

Thanks again for the very wonderful comments.  Welcome new members.  I'm glad you have joined.  Hopefully this will be a much more peaceful week:  the lawn is done, the dog has calmed down, the kid is moved and nobody is hurt.
Keep on Stitching
Monica

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I am pooped reading about all that has been going on. So glad your daughter got moved and that the car didn't catch on fire!! Love all the goodies you found in that shop ~ sounds like the owner was very nice. Those are the type of shops I would go to over and over!
    May your evening and week be peaceful and filled with many stitching moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things work out much better for your daughter now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grim Gourds looks great so far, especially considering all you have been through lately :) I just love the last line of your post - "... the lawn is done, the dog has calmed down, the kid is moved and nobody is hurt." That just made me smile :)

    --shaunterria
    ca11i0pe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and got 'caught up' with everything! So happy you got your daughter into a better place! My daughter is a junior in college with 4 years to go and she moved into an apartment this year with her friend. Luckily, she never had any dorm drama but I'm still happier that she is out of there!

    ReplyDelete