Sunday, February 19, 2012

Endings and Beginnings and places inbetween

I finally finished the Mystery Sampler from With Thy Needle and Thread.  I was going to press it and get it on a board but, just didn't get to it today....well not yet at least.  Kind of got busy talking one of the kids down.  She has her first History paper which I'm really not sure if it could be called a history paper or more of an exercise to see if the students know basic paper writing skills, like quoting, citing, thesis and all that jazz.  She really does know how to do that but, here is the kicker.  Her computer got a most incredible virus that wiped everything out on her computer.  She took it to the Geek Squad yesterday and they said 3-4 days.  That means having to use the ones in the library.  She takes all her history notes on her computer because it is easier for her.  Not the kicker yet.  She backs everything up on  a Passport.  Here is the kicker....all the files on the Passport were corrupted too.  Everything is gone.  Good news, they called and they were done fixing it.  So she has hopped on a bus and back to Best Buys. 

Shakey view of the finish: 
 Next thing I plan to start after I make a new scissors fob, which shouldn't take long but, won't post until it is done.  This is March Word Play from With Thy Needle and Thread.  I have been looking at these a debating about them.  We were at the Stitching Bee and picked it up.  Doing it in a different color material.  I don't think it will make that much difference.  The pattern calls for rusty bells and pins but will finish it different.  Just not going to order that. 

Also found some more Prairie Schooler to add to the collection.  I will do all these some day.  You see, in the not too distant future I will need to have my knee replaced and will need something to do, that is straight forward.  I think these will fit the bill.  Usually the counting is simple.  I think all I need is March, June and July and I will have them all. 


And I am this far on the second sock since friday night.  I don't think I will finish it off until Katy gets home and can try on the other one to see if it fits.  I don't want to have undo two.  It sort of fit me.  I do have a bigger foot. 
Keep on stitching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment