Sunday, November 29, 2020

What a Week!

Its been a very busy week.  With Bob in quarantine, and whining about how hard it is, I've been doing everything else and I mean everything else:  cooking, cleaning, dog duty, Christmas stuff, making all the decisions mostly because he just doesn't like tto do it.  Humphf!!!

Trying to figure out what fabric to use with Martha Dawson 1832.  The recommended is Pearl Barley.  I thought I had a little piece but, didn't.  Tried to find the DMC match on the Lakeside Linens website.  The website said 3872.  Guess what? There is no DMC 3872!  The first attempt to find it on 123 Stitch was fruitless but then I tried again today and found it!  The DMC match is 842.  I have all this lovely VMSS 40 count linen I want to use.  Before, I found the DMC match, another recommended fabric was Corn Tassel.  I just got a piece of that for another project so I compared it.  
The first one is the pretty close match to 842                This is the one that is close to Corn Tassel
or the Pearl Barley
 
I am leaning to the one closer to Pearl Barley.  The threads on on both pieces of .  

This SAL starts January 1 and I am nearly ready to go.  Just have to cut the fabric and fray check the edges   

Then I have the fabric, not the exact red for A Starry Christmas Eve or Night (not sure and too lazy to go and check).  The fibers are silk or DMC.  I pulled all the DMC and then converted it to over dyes and pretty happy with my choice.  Don't know if I'm really going to get this started.  Using the DMC for his face.  

Just a great picture of Henry Ford wore out from running around with Bob yesterday at camp.  Bob has four more days to quarantine and no symptoms!!!  Hooray!  Fingers crossed it stays that way.  If you don't believe in the power of masks, this will hopefully be proof.....I will let you know in four days.  
I do want to get my Red and Green Carnation Samper part of my Country Samplers School Girl Sampler club.  This looks super fun!
I finished part four Dairy Darlin' from LHN Farmhouse Christmas.  I don't know if I'm going to finish the whole piece now.  I really want to start the Carnations.  
Just Bob and I for Thanksgiving.  I did bring a plate of food (and a whopping plate it was) to Ed.  He was working that day.  Just a quicky selfie with our masks on.  He does come up to eat but, we are 8-10 feet apart.  


 Hope you had good Thanksgiving!  Wear your masks, social distance, wash your hands.  Keep a positive attitude!


Keep on Stitching
Monica

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that so far so good with Bob! I bet you will both be glad to have this behind you. I love that carnation piece however, I did not join the club. It will make a great Christmas design. What a cute picture of Henry Ford!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Bob is doing well.
    You have some great projects lined up.
    Henry Ford has the most gorgeous eyes.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Bob is nearing the end of his quarantine and doing well. Love the picture of Henry Ford!

    I like the fabric closer to Pearl Barley. The one that is similar to the Corn Tassel is too yellow in my eye. Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete