Sunday, July 19, 2020

Never Enough Vacation

Back to work tomorrow.  I really could use another week off.  Katy was home and that was great!  We got a lot done.  There weren't enough hours a day to get everything I was hoping to get done.   Bob laughed at my list with Stitch, stitch, stitch, stitch and stitch.  I think I only got stitch done.  

I finished Adam & Eve Revisited by Kathy Barrick.  I love how quirky this is.  I didn't use black for the background and used Weeks Pea Coat instead.  I wasn't sure I would have enough.  Katy proclaimed it playing Thread Chicken.  I won with quite a bit of floss to spare.  Not sure if I'm going to frame it or finish it as a pinkeep or something.   
I was lying in bed one morning just thinking about a BBD design I had stitched several years ago.  It may have been the first one I stitched, Rites of Spring.  I never really wanted to frame it.  I thought, "I wonder if I could make a drum out of it?  Found it while we were cleaning the basement and getting rid of a lot of junk.  I figured it would work so I went for it.  I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  Maybe a little too much in the dome but, I think it still looks great.  Generally used Vonna Pfeiffer's tutorial.  The fabric on the ends and the pompom needed some tuning up.  The background on the fabric was too white and didn't really go.  I coffee dyed it and Katy was amazed how much better it looked with the piece.  I lightly dyed the pompom with brown Rit dye.  If you don't concentrate the dye too much, it turns a lovely shade of pink like Weeks Sanguine or if a little longer, Red Pear.  I think that was the pink in the flowers. 


Its a keeper. 

Starting August 1, I'm going to have a new employer.  The hospital I work for decided it would be better to enter a contract with a Rehab company and move us off the campus to better fit into the hospital's strategic plan.  We had a meeting on Thursday.  Typical corporate procedure:  we got fired by the hospital and then received an offer and packet from the Rehab company.  Fortunately, I really only plan on working a few more years.  What a way to end a career.  Made me just want to cry.  Hopefully all will go well. 

Hope you are all well and staying healthy. 
Keep on Stitching
Monica

3 comments:

  1. Adam & Eve looks great.
    Rites looks good as a drum.
    Hope your adjustment to your new employer goes well.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your Adam and Eve finish! Your Rites of Spring looks incredible as a drum. Hopefully the adjustive to the new employer goes smoothly for you! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the Adam and Eve and your drum turned out so well. I love the colors on the Adam and Eve. So sorry about your job mess. My DH went through things like that quite often. That's one reason he retired as soon as he could. Since we planned to move, I retired shortly after. It has been great!

    ReplyDelete