Monday, May 27, 2019

The Weekend Flew

The weekend just flew by  
It was really busy!
I had taken Friday off too to get ready for company  
Katy and her boyfriend stayed here.  
Took this goofy, fun picture to send to Bob's brother and family who were here.
We had plenty of food but, they didn't want to impose.  
They stayed at a hotel and were up to see their mom in assisted living.  
I get a kick out of this picture.
My husband has on his hipster hat since he is drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon.  
When we went on the History of Beer tour, we found out that hipsters save PBR.  
They don't advertise because then hipsters wouldn't drink it.  

It was a super busy weekend.  
We had Bob's mom for lunch on Saturday. 
She is 90 and getting more confused.  
Lunch seems to work better than dinner with the confusion.  
She usually eats at the facility about 5 pm and then goes to bed.  
There was a lot of cooking all weekend.  

We also went to Home Depot yesterday for flowers.
I got one pot planted yesterday but, then everyone came for dinner.  
I got some more done this morning but, about 11:00 this morning it started to rain.  
It has been raining ever since and predicted to rain until 2 am.  i
We were fortunate though to have too really nice days:  Saturday and Sunday.  
I am so close to finishing BBD Merrily, Merrily We Welcome Spring.  
Katy went on and on how much she likes this one.  
"I love all the alphabets and the color of the house!" she said.  
I told her I was going to hang it in my house then once she got a house and was ready for it, if she still wanted it, it will be hers.  
They will probably be others she will try and talk me out of.....LOL!
Close up of the latest area I've been working on.  
Once I get done with the motifs, I have to put the different initials on.
 I think I will put on the kids, Bob, me and our parents.  

Have a super busy week. 
Last week was super busy too since I took Friday off.  
Things are usually crazy when you try to pack things into a week that is short a day.  

Hope you had a wonderful weekend and the weather was good where you are. 
Have a great week!
Keep on Stitching!
Monica



4 comments:

  1. Funny pic!
    Merrily is looking great. so pretty.
    I love the plants from Home Depot, they have quite a large selection.
    It rained a lot yesterday, dark & gloomy, hope it's better today.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merrily is looking fabulous and the home stretch is in sight. It sounded like you had a busy, but fabulous weekend filled with family and good food. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! Merrily looks so good and a finish is soon to occur. Never a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun family picture. My DD just saw my Gardener Goode Witch (WTN&T), she went crazy over the little black cat pulling a wagon of pumpkins. She asked if I could just do that part for her.Yea! I get to keep the larger design and she will get her black cat!

    ReplyDelete