Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Cross Stitch Travels

We just got back from Dallas for another family wedding.  
This time we went to a cross stitch store.  
I did a little research on line and then posted on a few FB pages fore recommendations
Two popped up: Creative Stitches and Stitch Niche.  
The recommendations were all favorable.  
I opted for the Stitch Niche because I felt it would be all cross stitch.  
Creative Stitches looked like it was more needlepoint.    
My wonderful husband found the why with GPS. 
I was not disappointed!
They had a lot of samplers stitched up. 
Many of them had been stitched by a man and he is an incredible stitcher!
She had a great assortment of fibers:  dmc, overdyes and silks.  
She also had a good selection of fabric.  
She had several Hands Across the Seas, Kathy Barrick, Scarlet Letter  and Scarlet House  patterns.  
Wall of Gloriana Silks.  
My husband said those aren't that bad, $8, until I pointed out with one of the patterns and the number of skeins needed, what the cost would be.
  I do love silk but, I have a little difficulty justifying the cost.  
Right above the Gloriana was Village Square Mary Allen Sampler by Samplers Remembered.  
I fell in love with this.
She didn't have it in stock but, is getting it for me.  
The front of the store.  
She had a lot of Little House, La D Da, Prairie Schooler and more than I can remember.  
Plum Street, Stacy Nash and Chessie and Me.  
Bob immediately found a "guy chair" and hung out.  
So the goodies I picked up.  
Nothing much here, just some floss I needed but, a needle minder
I think it is from a Heartsting Samplery:  "First I drink the coffee, then I do the things."
Some Shakespeare's Sampler
Jenny Beans Creation Sampler
The new series, Jenny Bean For The Parlor.  
It will be the same size as And They Sinned.  
I will need to get the next seven parts.  
I may have the Stitching Bee order the rest for me.  
I actually picked this Stacy Nash at the Bee on the way to Milwaukee because we flew out of there.  
We were able to get a direct flight.  
Mary Jane Smallman from Brenda Gervais.  
It is a reproduction sampler that is very sweet.  
I haven't seen this one before.  
Pineberry Lane Susanna Pratt.  
I have seen people working on this one.  
La-D-Da:  A Happy Life Sampler and Auspicious Hope.  
I really am a La-D-Da fan.  
They are usually a pretty quick stitch.  
Sometimes, I need some instant gratification.  
Will be posting more pictures from our trip.  

Buster is due for a hair cut.  
He is really shaggy right now, my favorite way.  
I think he is still so uber cute!
Katy refers to it as "Fluff with attitude."
I took his sweater off to wash it.  
He goes to the groomer and will need that sweater because it is his warmest one.  

We have another snow storm on the horizon for tomorrow, 3-5 inches, so not that bad.
We have more than enough.  It was in the '70's our first two days in Dallas and then dropped to the '50's.  
It still was better than here where this morning when I got up, it was -16.  

That about sums it up for now.  
I need to do some stitching.
Keep Stitching 
Monica

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great store with great stash!
    Nice choices.
    I love A Happy Life.
    Buster is too cute all shaggy!
    Yes, more snow on the way...........YUK!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like the trip to Dallas was a good one with the stop at the Stitch Niche. You came away with some lovely items. Snow is falling here at the moment, but is supposed to turn over to sleet and ice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great store and a nice visit! My husband is the same way, he will encourage me to get what I want. He's patient as long as he has a man chair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great trip from a stitching point of view. I hope the wedding was good too. I love all the wonderful stash. Buster is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete