Monday, December 17, 2018

Just Had To Get It


I nearly have my Christmas presents done. 
I got the ones done that were going out of town and sent on Thursday. 
They should be getting to their destinations today or tomorrow!
I started seeing this one:  BBD Merrily, Merrily We Welcome Spring.
I'm always on the look out for pieces that are Spring or Summer.
I'm always drawn to Fall and Christmas but, Spring is different.  
The border is just awesome!
I don't have anything for it but, wanted to get it before you couldn't get it.  
The next time I'm at the Bee, I'll pick up the thread.  
I may dye my own fabric.
I have some natural that I think I can stain with something.....dye or walnut shells and achieve the same effect as the one on the cover.  
Sometimes it takes forever to get the fabric the designer use.  
I think this will be a really fun stitch!
Then I got the last and I mean LAST of the Ladies Prim Society installment.  
Dyeing to Stitch is discontinuing Ladies Prim and the Colonial Group.  
They are starting two new groups but, not sure if I'm going to join or not.  
I will have to hear more about it.
This really is a wonderful piece and may start it once the last gift is done along with the Christmas Sampler.  
Too many projects, too little time.  
Went to Joann's this weekend with Arttie.
I only picked up a couple of things:  gift bags, Fresh press and some sequins for next years ugly sweater.
It was a beautiful day, sunny about 30 but, still managed to find the black ice and completely wiped out and couldn't get up because I was still on ice,
Painfully got off the ice and Arttie and some nice stranger let me hang on to them so I could hoist myself up....ever so gracefully...ha!
Was a little sore but, the good thing was I walked around the mall and didn't have a chance to get too stiff. 
Not too bad today.
Hate black ice!  Moral of the story, DON'T WALK BETWEEN CARS!!
Have a wonderful week!
Keep on Stitching 
Monica

3 comments:

  1. Black Ice is truly a nightmare! Hope you aren't too stiff or bruised today. Nice looking sampler! What a sweet club kit you received!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure glad you were not hurt too badly! I want to stitch that new sampler too. It is a good idea to get them while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at Lynn's a few weeks ago and grabbed this one, they just put it out. Wanted to get before it's not available anymore or sold out.
    It uses Oaken fabric.
    They've been using that a lot in their designs.
    That exclusive kit is awesome!
    Ooooo, so glad you didn't get seriously hurt!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete