Monday, April 23, 2018

The Asylum Traverse City Michigan

Bob and I went on a road trip this weekend to see a friend. 
Took off Friday and came home on Sunday.  
I took today off too, to catch up on stuff.  
Headed south over the bridge.
This weekend was much nicer than the previous weekend.
Last weekend the bridge was closed because of wind and weather.
It was closed after the snow storm earlier in the week because of falling ice.
On Saturday we went to the Traverse City Asylum that has been converted to condos, retail and office spaces. 
I am absolutely fascinated by these building.  
I was on board going to this but, we didn't make it for the tours.  
The tour would have been great.
There is even one at night which I'm sure is creepy!
I wish I had been able to get a picture of the front of the building.  
I think it is great that they have repurposed these historic building.  
This is the main building.  
Smaller buildings are being rennovated






I really hope this is an original gate....so cool.


 There are all kinds of nifty little shops, restaurants and coffee shops.
There are also a farmers market, mostly homemade jellies, nuts, chutneys, and honey.  

I'm sure these are some of the tunnels used to transfer patients.  


 I picked up a few things:  a small handmade wooden bowl, some nuts, and a pen that has magnet.
It will come in handy next to the shopping list


 Headed home on Sunday the Mackinac bridge ahead.  

Like I said I took today off to do laundry, grocery shop and was going to pay bills (didn't get to that)
Also my new appliances were delivered.  
We needed a new refridgerator since the old one was starting to rust under the water/ice dispenser.  
Shelves and one of the drawers were broken.  
Because it was bisque, as was the stove and the microwave and all were over twelve years old, 
We replaced them all.
I hope the new ones last as long as the old ones.  
They are awfully pretty.  
The picture isn't so hot but, I admit, I am no photographer.  

Hope you had a great weekend!

I will post some more pictures of our trip 

Keep on Stitching
Monica

5 comments:

  1. This post was so interesting to me. I spent many happy summers near Traverse City. Very interesting what they are doing with the old buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great use of old buildings.
    There's so many just sitting, but new still go up.
    Looks like a neat shopping place.
    Love the color of your new appliances.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your outing with us! I am glad they are 'repurposing' these old buildings. I hope you are happy with your new appliances. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weather makes our rain look more bearable! Already we have more rain than we usually get in the entire month of April. I really like the piece you are working on.

    สล็อต ออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your new decorative designs! it's so beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete