Sunday, February 26, 2017

Busy Weekend

Pretty much was a home body all weekend.  
The weather and roads were bad since Friday.  
My daughter has a Gluten allergy but, after doing some research, some people aren't really gluten allergic but it is the way that wheat has been hybidized.
I decided to try some heirloom/ancient wheat flour.
I ordered Emmer and Eikorn flour from Bluebird Grain Farms.  
I got some that is more geared to cookies, muffins etc and one that loans itself to bread.  
I used a whole wheat recipe because I really didn't want to use conventional all purpose flour. 
I did use some GF flour to knead the bread.  
Here is what it looked like before raising.  
Future note to self, let the Kitchen-aid do more work.  

 I think it would have taken an act of god to get it to raise more. 
They kind of look like paving bricks but, they actually tasted pretty good.  
Katy has been eating small bites to see if she adversely reacts.  
So far, so good.  
 I finished my first square on Autumn at Hawk Run.
 Decided to do some more of the outlining as I go because it is soooo boring.  
If I do a little at a time, it isn't as bad.  

That about sums it up.  
Tuning into the Academy Awards.  
I am really rooting for La La Land. 
I am a movie girl and for that reason I loved La La Land!
Finally watched all of The Bold and the Beautiful with Kirk Douglas and Lana Turner today too, great to stitch by.  
Love, Love, Love old Movies!

Hope you have had a great weekend.
Keep on Stitching!
Monica

5 comments:

  1. Autumn looks great! I hope your DD does well with the new bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 1st square looks great.
    That's a good idea to stitch some border as you go.
    I love old movies also. :)
    I think White Christmas is my favorite.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bread looks good to me, and I hope that it works out for your daughter. Your stitching is beautiful!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting the first block finished. Love the colors! Good for you on stitching the border here and there to break up it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny how kids are more computer savvy than we are ;)
    Glad it's sorted!
    Lovely stitching on Hawks Run and pretty new charts.

    ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete