Sunday, February 8, 2015

I'd Rather Be Cross Stitching

Just noticed the big ole hole in the screen...Thank you Henry Ford!
Well as a first attempt at piecing, I think I did pretty good but.....
I'd rather be cross stitching.  
 I figure I have at least 10 hours in to this and I don't even really like to sew.
Quilting requires a love of sewing at a machine. 
I can honestly say, I don't enjoy that.  
 I am glad I did it so my mom has something to do other than "Putz around the house."
I'm not exactly sure what that means.  
I'm an occupational therapist and I do honestly believe that no matter what age, people need to be productive and have some purpose.  
I do believe that when she does have a project to work on, she is much more clearer in her thinking.  
One other thing, the nice bright colors, everything around here is white and grey.  :(
 Did some shopping for her then went down to her house today.  
We got the back and filling cut and pinned with the top of the table runner.  
Will do the placemats sometime later if she can't do it herself.  
I helped her finish the bag she was making for her friend.  
She just can't do some of that more sophisticated process.  
I talk her through it.  
She'll be able to do the finishing hand work, the binding and putting on some buttons to help reinforce the handles. 
She did all the hand quilting and did a good job at that.  
It turn out very cute.  I should have taken a picture. 
It is very good to work together and I know that means a lot to her.
It means a lot to me to be able to do this for her even if I'm grumping around about it. 

Hope you had a great weekend.
Mine was even with that quilting!

Thanks for stopping.
Keep on stitching
Monica

6 comments:

  1. I used to be a quilter! Notice the use of the words used to be. I like stitching so much better. You are being a good daughter though! Plus all those bright colors are super for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a nice job with the piecing. You and your Mom make a good team.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica, my mother gave me some unfinished quilts a few years ago. (She has arthritis and can no longer quilt.) While there are some I want to keep, there are a couple that are in various stages of completion (but mostly need quilting and binding). Would you like these for your mother?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so sweet to do this with your mom. The runner will be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see some lovely pretty bright fabric to brighten our sad dark winter days. Pretty work

    ReplyDelete