Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Homespun Elegance Santa Finished

I finished the Santa and he turned out very cute.  I didn't use the metallic buttons but, from my stash.  I like them just as much.  Still haven't picked out another cross stitch project yet.  I am ready to turn the heel on the sock.  I will do that tonight.
I do have a terrible cold.  I think half the UP does.  I just don't have much of an appetite.  Heck of a diet. 
I did make one of my favorite dinners.  I had veal in the freezer that should have been used a while ago.  This is the simplest, fastest recipe in the world. 

Tarragon Veal
4 4oz veal cutlets pounded about a 1/4 and inch
1 Tbsp butter
1 cup chicken or beef broth
2 Tbsp Brandy
1 Tbsp fresh Taragon
Salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter in a skillet.  Brown the veal on both sides about 1 1/2 minutes each side.  Place on a plate and cover to keep warm.  Deglaze the pan with 2 Tbsp brandy.  Add the broth and tarragon.  Simmer and reduce to half.  Return the veal to the pan and heat thru.  THATS IT!!

We had red skin potatoes and carrots.  Nothing fancy. 

Keep on Stitching and thanks for visiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment