Tuesday, May 7, 2013

TED Talk: The Happy Secret to Better Work.

i have heard about the TED talks first from my son.  Then I came across this one in a news letter.  They are always informative and usually entertaining.  TED stands for technology, entertainment and design. (This is all a very elementary explanation) The title of this one is sort of deceptive and doesn't just apply to work.  It really is a way of changing your life or at least thought pattern.  Essentially when we are optimistic our brain is flooded with dopamine (a neurotransmitter)  we learn better.  (That is really basic)  It is a 12 minute video TED Talk Here.

So five things you can do to change your outlook for 21 days:
1.  Identify three things you are grateful for.
2.  Journal one daily positive experience
3.  Exercise
4.  Meditate
5.  A random act of kindness or a conscious act of kindness and he suggested an positive email to an
     acquaintance.

So today's positive experience:  It is really nice and you know how I have complained about the weather.  I was able to get into my south flower bed and cleaned out.  I have a grass issue but stuff is coming up.
The poppy
 Russian Sage
 Allium that in 2 years doesn't do much
A huge thank you to all the wonderful comments.
Keep on Stitching
Monica

3 comments:

  1. Russian sage is a wonderful plant--glad yours is making a return visit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monica,
    I'm a new follower and enjoy reading your blog. Your stitching is beautiful.
    I agree that we can all use a positive experience (or more) each day. Every good part of each day is a blessing.

    Congratulations on your Vera win. These little surprises keep us uplifted!

    I have returned to blogland and hope you will visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just heard about TED myself yesterday. My girlfriend sent me a link.

    ReplyDelete