Tuesday, July 10, 2012

No Sleep and Teaser Pictures

It was a lovely evening.  We were able to turn off the AC and open windows.  I think that may have been a mistake because at 4 am the birds start singing like nuts.  The robins in particular are very vocal.  I really like hearing the birds but, since I had my knee surgery, I am sleeping in a bedroom on the east side of the house.  This means, that one wakes up even more as the sun came up at 5:13.  Then, at 6:30 the road construction starts.  Yesterday, they poured some concrete for sidewalks.  This morning at 6:30 they were cutting the sections.  At, 8 am they were pouring more concrete.  
 It's amazing how much noise this all makes.  This has been a poorly run construction project.  It was suppose to be done three weeks ago.  The road is only partially paved with the first course of asphalt. The batch plant has been moved 100 miles away.  And the retaining wall that ruined our sprinkle system will withstand an Richter scale 8 earthquake, which rarely happens in Michigan's UP.  But, we'll be ready.
 Who knows when this will be done.  Our house is covered in dirt.
 Teaser picture of the Stitching group's Christmas present.  All the cross stitching is done.  Now I just have to assemble things.
Thanks for stopping.  You should have brought some cheese along to the wine party.  Keep on stitching.  

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to thank you for sharing the link to that July freebie - I've added it to my stash to stitch later. Hopefully, all the construction in front of your home will finish before summer is over so you can enjoy the outdoors for a few days at least :) Can't wait to see what you have planned for your stitching group!

    --shaunterria
    ca11i0pe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete