Sunday, June 10, 2012

Some Cheese with that Whine?

I am just crabby today.  Thankfully, we have central air otherwise I would be really crabby since it is 90 degrees outside.  I know things will start feeling better but, I just don't sleep.  So, I am crabby.  I should have some cheese with this whine.

On the upside, have started the decoy cross stitch project while I am doing birthday presents and Christmas presents.  This is so I have something to blog about.  I ordered this a while ago from Shakespeare's Peddler and she had done a conversion to overdyes from DMC and I really liked it.

 It is really stitching up quick since I just started it yesterday.  Not sure what I will do with it when I'm done.  The colors do fit in well with the general color scheme in our house.
I was really surprised yesterday when the mail came and I had gotten my order from Country Stitches, the new pattern from With Thy Needle and Thread.  This is the one that uses the 12 ounce Whitman Sampler Box.  I can't wait to sink my teeth into this one but, it is going to have to wait until some of these other projects are off the hopper.  

 There is the pattern for the box cover, huswife, pin keep and a scissors case.  I am looking forward to this.  It will truly be a keepsake when it is done.
 The threads for the piece.  Of course my pictures never really do it justice.
Finally the chenile as a finish for box top.  I really love the chenile as a finish.  The color is also a little over exposed in the picture but it is a bluish green over dye and truly lovely.  

I must end now because the good ole/new knee is squawking.  
Thanks for stopping and keep on stitching.  

No comments:

Post a Comment