Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Finish and Top Secret Projects

So moving right along on the recovery process but it is slow going.  Maybe the Prairie Schooler Tortoise and the Hare was prophetic.  Slow and Steady wins the race.  I think the worst thing with the process is that I can't really be on my feet longer than 10-15 minutes without the knee swelling like a balloon.  I use the ice as fast as my ice maker can produce it.  I have been getting in a lot of quality stitching time in between the exercise sessions.  I finished the Tortoise and the Hare.  I haven't pressed it or mounted it yet.  Had I been thinking, I would have cut a bunch of cardboard before the surgery.  I'll get to it.
 Now, I'm working on Christmas gifts.  Since they are top secret, because you never know who is visiting, I can only show you the color of the thread.  I will post pictures after the holidays.
 These are the supplies for my sister's birthday present.  Can't show the picture of that but, I will after she gets it....in July.
I will have to start another project so I have something to post.

I have been waiting for the new With Thy Needle and Thread pattern to be released for the 12 ounce Whitman Sampler Box.  She posted it this week.  Here is the link to website.  I just love it!
http://www.countrystitchesonline.com/catalog.php?category=6 . I had to order the pattern.  I can hardly wait to see it in person.

Thanks for stopping.  Keep on stitching.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're getting some stitching in during the healing process. What a great finish! I hope your recovery is a quick one!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful PS piece!

    Good luck with your recovery.

    ReplyDelete