Thursday, November 15, 2012

Looking for Fabric for Finishing

I went to my mom's to have dinner with her tonight.  There is a very nice quilt store in her little town that I like to stop at to pick up fabric for finishing projects.  The fabric is always a lovely quality and I can usually find something that will work.  Walmart has fabric but, it just isn't very nice.  When you spend a lot of time stitching something, it deserves something nice to finish it off with.

I'm always on the lookout for a nice pink.  This one is very nice.  I'm sure I will find a use for it
 This is from an new line from Moda called Metropolitan Fare.  I love stars.  One is blue and the other is an orangey tan
 This is from the same line from Moda.  It is really a darker brown.  The color looks more true in the next few pictures.  I'm leaning more towards this one to finish the Prairie Schooler Acorns.  I'm planning on working on them this weekend once I get the kids rooms ready for their return.
 You decide which one looks better.  But, like I said I think I'm leaning toward the darker one.
 Love the turkey Mr. Pilgrim is holding.
 Finishing off number four then I think I will be moving on to Christmas pieces

I have plans for this piece to use to finish off a Christmas present.  Can't show you what it will be finishing because it is super top secret.  
Glad tomorrow is friday.  As always, I am looking forward to the weekend.  I am especially looking forward to seeing the kids.  Katy will be home Tuesday.  Ed maybe Tuesday but, if he's tired after work it could be Wednesday morning.  And then, Katy's BF will be here on Tuesday waiting for her.  He got to pick dinner.  

Hope you all have a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping and all the wonderful comments
Keep on Stitching
Monica

4 comments:

  1. I love Moda fabric. The ones you chose are very pretty. Enjoy your family this week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabric choices are really nice - they go very well with all your wonderfully stitched pieces :)

    --shaunterria
    ca11i0pe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some lovely fabric, looking forward to seeing the finished 'finishing'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabrics ~ like the darker with your stitches!

    ReplyDelete