Sunday, November 11, 2012

I Did Miss My Recliner but Had a Superb Time!


I got home just as it was starting to rain. We are suppose to get a half an inch or so.

 What a beautiful place!  The retreat was at the Landmark Resort in Egg Harbor, WI.  The rooms weren't really rooms but condominiums.   There was a kitchenette fully equiped.  Next year, I plan to bring breakfast stuff.  Even though there was a continental breakfast, it wasn't worth the walk to the building to get it.  The room had everything, including a coffee maker with coffee and a toaster.

 The furniture was very comfortable.  The couch was perfect for a saturday afternoon nap when the eyes got tired and the new knee started squawking.
  I had a lake view.  Unfortunately, on Friday, it was overcast.  You can see the lake.  There was a small balcony.
 The grounds were very lovely.  I'm sure it is very beautiful in the summer.  I think the golf course was behind the trees.

 The sun came out Saturday afternoon after I did a little horizontal time on the couch.


 A little blurry but, the breakfast room.  This was in the main office building with the pool and the workout room.
 The main sitting room in the Harbor Building.  Again, quite comfortable and cozy.

A really nice fireplace.  Some of the larger Condos had fireplaces and lofts in them.



Sunday, the weather was really nice but, going to become rainy as the day went on.  Another view of Lake Michigan.


 There were about 50 ladies at the retreat.  It was amazing what everyone was working on.  There were several knitters and crocheters in the group.  One lady did a lovely wool applique piece.  
 The stitching room was across from my room.  The light was great!  I brought my Ott light but, didn't need it.
 I finished this Prairie Schooler Acorn.  When we went around and introduced ourselves, Kate, who I was sitting next too, gave me some crap for this...."But its a cornacopia."  I swore I really wasn't nuts.

 Met some really great people.  Everyone was very friendly.  I was adopted by Kate, Mama and Sue.  I should have taken a picture of the Carrington Bar and Grill on the resort.  We had dinner their both nights, a buffet.  Buffets can be a little iffy but, this was really good.  The food was hot and delish!

On Saturday, a group of us went to the Village Cafe.  I had a wonderful wrap with smoked turkey, Monteray Jack cheese, honey mustard dressing and dried cherries.  It had to have dried cherries, we were in Door County ya know.  We did a little shopping after lunch and I picked up some ornaments for the kids and a new Santa for my collection.

It was a lot of fun.  I am a little pooped today.  I plan on a little nap in my RECLINER once I find my dog.  He's at grandma's.  I think he'll be glad to see me.

I'm looking forward to doing this again.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments.  Welcome new members.  I'm so glad everyone stops to check things out.  Hope you had a great weekend too!

Keep on Stitching
Monica

3 comments:

  1. What a great time. We visited Door County years ago when we lived in Kentucky. It is a lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Door County is the absolute best. We were just there a few weeks ago, but we stay in Sister Bay. Did you get to the Tannenbaum holiday shop? Looks like you had a really good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful Time !

    ReplyDelete