Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday

Here I am trying to post some pictures on my blog and the blogging gods are just against me.  It says I have to create a Picasa Web Album since my current album is full.  I tried do this and it just locks up and won't let me do anything.  OH POOH!  It is sort of a Black Friday.  

Did do a little shopping this morning.  Nothing much, I don't get into the mass chaos at the big box stores.  Instead, I went to a little local home decorating store and picked up some new garland for the fireplace mantel.  The old stuff really didn't look like pine greens other than the color.  This is very sparkly.  Once I get it decorated and figure out what to do about my photos, I'll post a picture. 

I did make a pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving.  Since, Katy is gluten intolerant I had done the trial crust with the Honey Nut Chex and a pudding pie.  I worked out rather well.  The only thing I needed to do different after I had made it, was to run it through the food processor a little longer to make the crumb finer.  I did that with the cheesecake crust and it was perfect.  It was a little more crumbly but, the recipe for the crust included with the overall recipe called for no sugar.  Next time, I would add sugar, not because it needed sugar but, I think the sugar helps hold it together.  I also made some gluten free stuffing.  I made the meat, onions, celery and apples the way I always do.  The night before I had toasted some gluten-free bread in the oven.  Broke up the bread the next day for bread crumbs and mixed into the meat.  I also added some poultry seasoning and chicken broth.    It turned out ok.  The consistency is a little different than regular bread crumbs.  It tasted pretty good.  Lesson learned:  keep the bread more like croutons.  It might hold together a little better.  

We did see the new James Bond movie:  Skyfall.  It was really good.  I don't think I have seen a James Bond movie in the theater since Roger Moore was Bond.....that's a long time!

Thanks for all the really comments on the last blog entry.  I'm so glad you take the time to leave a little note.  Hope you had a Great Thanksgiving.  
Keep on Stitching
Monica

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to see how you decorate with the garland. We also liked the James Bond movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried pumpkin cheesecake, sounds interesting - could be another way to get vegetables into my kids :)

    ReplyDelete