Monday, October 1, 2012

STNA: It is So Much a Favorite

What are your must-have stitching tools and aides? Other than your trusty scissors, of course. Is there a problem you have had when stitching that you created your own solution for, or have you purchased a tool that helped?

I was waiting for this question.  I have two favorite tools.  The first is the light by my chair.  It is like an Ott Light but, something else.  It is just as strong and it was fraction of the cost.  I have to have it to be able to stitch on linen.

The other is my Dololly. It's like a needle threader on one end and a hook on the other end.  My hook is a little crooked from getting closed in the case.  


 That really comes in handy when you have stitched that thread to the point of no return and need to work it under the threads and there is no way the needle will work.  The other time is when you have to rip out a bunch but can't get the right end and so you just snip and pull.  It works great to get the little ends worked under.  

This is the second one I have gotten.  The first one ended up in my ORT jar.  Unknown to me,  my son had dusted the table and put it in the ORT jar.  I had a bunch of DMC labels in there and threw the whole kittenkaboodle away.  So I threw it out.  When I looked for it, it was some time later and long gone.  I tore the house apart looking for it.  I asked Ed if he had seen it.  He told me he had put it in the jar.  Ugh!  It was so important to me, I had to find another one.  

As usual, I won't get the link to work the right way but, rest assured, I did try.
Check out the other blogs Here at Stitching the Night Away

3 comments:

  1. My light is indepensible! It's a cheap daylight lamp and it works great. I've had the dololly on my wishlist. It seems like it would come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your stitching gadget, and now I want a dololly :)

    ReplyDelete