Thursday, October 18, 2012

I'm Ecstatic!

I have been very busy today.  I decided it was time to clean the great room.  I pretty much tore the place apart:  vacuumed furniture, polished all the woodwork and wood furniture and mopped the floors.  Now I just need to get the husband to throw out some of his old magazines and catalogues. 
Buster is exhausted from staying out of the way.  

 Got everything done, on to the next job:  calling the insurance company to make sure the charges have been process under the correct tier.  It has been a heavy medical care year.  While I was on hold a rather large envelop had come in the mail.  It was the floss I won through a drawing on Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe.  I'm ECSTATIC!  I misunderstood.  I didn't realize it was 10 colors.  They are absolutely gorgeous.  Hard to get a really good picture.  I took one with the flash and one without.
 The colors from left to right:  Best Cranberry, Best Faded Red, Antique Coral Red, Antique Pumpkin L, Orange Maize, Olive Green Medium, Christmas Pine, Blue with Brown, Noname Blue and finally Brown Plum. The colors are so rich and beautiful.   There is a huge amount of each color.
 I was hoping I would be done with the Grim Gourds.  I'm just filling in the color around the border.  I should be done by the weekend.
I think Buster has the right idea.  I may just have to follow suit and take a little siesta myself.
Hope you have had a great day.  Thanks for stopping by.
Keep on Stitching
Monica

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, co-winner! If they're really more beautiful in person than they are in your pictures, I don't know how I'll stand it, lol. I'm told by DH that mine came today also, but I'm at work so I won't get to tear into them until later this evening. Oh, the goodies we can make with these...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win! The floss is beautiful, and I am sure you are going to use it for some really special projects. You are making great progress on Grim Gourds, can't wait to see it finished :)

    --shaunterria
    ca11i0pe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Grim Gourds. I haven't seen that one before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The colors are stunning on those fibers!
    Grim Gourds looks great.

    ReplyDelete