Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mystery Sampler Update

I have been working on my L*K Mystery Sampler.  I finished most of Part 2.  I'll need to go back when its done to finish the satin stitches and add the beads, buttons and charms.  I can't wait to get Part 3.  I think I am going to do the companion pieces as smalls.  I'm not going to worry about the fabric.  I do have some orange fabric that will work, I think I have some green that would work well too.   I 'll need to dig it out of my stash.  

 Speaking of stash....I see some bloggers are on a stash diet.  OMG!   What are they thinking?  Is it possible to have too much stash?  If anything, I would probably get rid of stash before I stop buying.  Even that, I don't know what I would sell.  

I started working on my Halloween Exchange Ornament.  This will probably be the only post until when everything transpires.  I love crazy looking pumpkins.  I did a bell-pull and there's button on it that is really a psychopathic jack-o-lantern.  I will have to post that in October since it is in a Halloween box somewhere.  He is really a hoot.  
Katy is starting to back to go back to college.  My house looks like a bomb went off in it.  There is kitchen stuff all over the table.  Plastic bins in the living room and Ed's room has been completely taken over.  I am going to really miss her but, she takes over everything even when she isn't packing.  It is especially bad this year because she is moving into an on campus apartment so she needs kitchen gear.  One of her roommates is bringing dishes.  Katy has pots and pans that we got at Kohl's (a great deal) and baking things from my MIL.  Good thing I'm off today.  I 'm doing laundry and keeping her on task.
She only has one US roommate and two internationals who when I looked at the names are probably Chinese.  The apartment has a kitchen, living room, bathroom, and each girl has her own room.  It should be a really interesting year.  I can't wait to meet them and hear how things are working out down the road.   

I do hope we have time to stop at The Crosse Stitchery and Mainstreet Framing in LaCross.  I have some birthday money and will probably add more to get some more stash.  

Thanks for all the great comments.  Thanks for stopping by.
Keep on Stitching!
Monica

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog today and am enjoying reading your new and old posts. I don't have a blog, but I put you on my favorites list. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your L*K Sampler is looking great & the ornie is cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sampler is gorgeous! And I'd love to see a pic of the 'psychopathic' jack. My dark side is curious, lol. I agree with you completely in regards to stash. I actually told myself the other day I didn't need anymore...and then proceeded to Amazon and placed 3 orders. Oops ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sampler. I have a cabin near La Crosse (45minutes) away. Love to get to main street stitchery great bargains in the basement when I was there in August. Have a fun trip!


    Kathy

    ReplyDelete