Sunday, April 29, 2012

Very Hedgey

It has been a very eventful weekend.  My mom has been struggling with pneumonia.  She was in the ER last friday and wouldn't be a guest of the hospital.  She went home and I made several trips to her house when I could.  This past friday morning she called me, "I don't think I'm going to make it through the day."  She did.  I did have the ambulance take her to the hospital since she was very weak.  I decided I wasn't going to chance getting her down three stairs to the car.  By that evening, two respiratory therapy treatments, a bag of antibiotics it was a near miraclous cure.  She can be a bit dramatic.  I don't doubt she was sick, I'm sure she was feeling awful and the ride in the ambulance was good.  It was the talk of the school, kitty corner from her house.  So, I have been a tiny bit busy but, did accomplish a few things.  I am telling you, cross stitch is my sanity.

I did finish the LHN Poisettia House....I would not call this a small.  I want smalls to be small enough to put into a little basket.  This IS the size of the basket.  It did turn out cute.  The other side of the pillow fabric really is a good match and was a little piece from the stash.  It is about 6x6 inches.  And it took longer than what I would consider a small.  To me a small is something you can easily finish it a day or two.  This took more like two weeks. 
 Here it is all put together and sewn up.  I may decide to put some cord around it.  I haven't decided if I want to invest more time into it. 
 I had good intentions of working on the PS Tortoise and the Hare but, didn't do any of that.  Instead, I started the Hedgehog and he is looking rather hedgey.  On the pattern, where the grass is, it says "Stick it in."  I have decided I don't like that at all.  So I am not going to do that.  I figure it is my prerogative.  Maybe I will put some poseys in there.  Poseys would be nice.  (Or is it Posies?)
Just talked to my mom and the doctor said she might be able to go home tomorrow.  She is feeling much better.  I made her go for a walk around the nurses station.  She has walked on her own again. 

Thanks for stopping.  Keep on stitching.  It is the only thing that keeps me out of the funny farm. 

1 comment:

  1. I discovered your blog thur the STNA Blog Hop.

    Lovely LHN finish! I stitched this one a while back ago. I didn't change the name of the house like I have seen many do, because my childhood best friend use to call me Poinsettia, so I thought she would get a kick out to that.

    Happy Stitching,
    Annette

    ReplyDelete