Thursday, October 17, 2013

Scalloped Potatoes, Finishes and Just Being a Snot

I have made Scalloped Potatoes and Ham in the slow cooker.
Don't know how it turned out just yet (it did sneak a nibble and it was good).
Here's the recipe:
6 medium potatoes sliced and 1/8 on an inch
1 can of cream of chicken soup or whatever you have on hand
2/3 c. condensed milk (I used skim)
2 cups ham cut into bite size chunks
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix it all together
Spray slow cooker and put everything in the cooker
Cook on low 10-12 hours
Optional:  sprinkle grated cheese on top 10 minutes or so before serving so it can melt.  
It looks pretty good.  

 Probably getting tired of these projects but, I did get them completed last night.
I had to sew the ric rac on the pinkeep around the edge.  
 It looks pretty good perched here. 
 All laced up the back and hanging on the wall.  
 Cruising on Threadwork Primitive's Beggar's Night.  
 Just a different angle.  
Helped my mom today get a quilt put together so she can quilt it. 
She was going to put it on a large quilt frame.  
I have a very sore index finger from basting the doggone thing one and it still wasn't right.
(How will I stitch tonight)
We took it off the frame and pinned it on her dinning room table
(Another reason why I don't quilt)
We got it done.  
Fortunately, it isn't that large a quilt.
I don't know anything about quilting so when she does the other twin size one she is making,
she'll have her sister help her with it.  
My mom is 86 and should stick to table runners and place mats.
These large quilts just have gotten to be too much for her.  

Yeah!!!  It is friday tomorrow!
I'm so totally ready.
We are going to take a road trip on Saturday.  
Sunday, is the fall dinner at church.  
Bob is parish council president so he has to be there.
I just don't like those things.
Since, we will be gone on Saturday, chores will have to be done on Sunday to get ready for the week.  Imagine my disappointment! (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)
Have a great weekend!
Keep on stitching
Monica

5 comments:

  1. I love all the fall stitching. Oh dear, married to the council president!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching, thanks for the recipe. Can you guess what I be making for dinner tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have to try that recipe, sounds good. Your stitiching looks great!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finishing looks lovely & great progress on your new project

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your projects! The dinner sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete