Monday, July 15, 2013

I Just Didn't Have it in Me

I just didn't have it in me to blog yesterday.  Here I am today but, fading fast.  As usual, it was a busy weekend.  I don't know why I have the need to cram so much in.  One of the things we did this weekend was go to the movies.  We saw World War Z.  I do like action/scifi movies and this was highly entertaining.  Both Bob and Ed liked it too.  It was really cold in the theater and really hot outside.

I did finish my LHN Virtues Faith.  I did do the little sheep in fuzzy Wisper Thread.  Once I iron the piece, I will fluff him up with my bunco brush.  I am finally going to get started on my first Threadworks Primitive kit from the Ladies Prim Society.  I am excited about that.
 I did get my Stacy Nash book My Name is Lydia.  Talk about some sensational patterns.  Katy has asked me not to give this one away.  I may even succumb to purchasing the NPI thread.
There is also some really great finishing directions like using the walnut shell dye to age the piece.  
I have some of that stuff so I'm already rarin' to go.  

I will hopefully be posting pictures of my sister's birthday pressie soon.  I'l  be shipping it out tomorrow.  

Thanks for the great comments.  I just love hearing from you all.  
Hope you are keeping cool.  Thank goodness for AC!
Keep on Stitching
Monica

5 comments:

  1. We don't go to the movies much unless it's at the drive-in and then we only have to fight the June bugs. I hate them but I think I'd rather put up with them than the freezing cold theater.

    I really like "Faith". I especially like that little black sheep.

    I use walnut dye a lot. This book looks like one I'd like. I can't wait to see what you stitch from it.
    ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith looks great Monica. I love the fluffy black sheep.
    Enjoy your new book....lots of new treats and finishing ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monica! Love your faith finish. I'm starting a new piece tonight and I'm looking forward to it after working with just greens for a few days now.
    I always bring a sweater with me when ever we head out down here during the NC summers. Air conditioning is indeed a blessing, but when we sit through a movie or a meal while we're freezing, it isn't any fun. So I carry a sweater and Bill carries a long sleeved shirt.
    Have never heard of the walnut shell dye, and I'm going to look into it. I do have some crushed walnut shells so maybe that's a beginning. I love the aged look on so many pieces though.
    Love to visit here.
    LindaLee at
    CrossN' My Stitches

    ReplyDelete