Sunday, July 7, 2013

Grande Olde Flag Sampler Finish

First, a big thank you to Cathy at CraftyCat for talking me down off the Bloglovin' ledge.  
I got my Bloglovin' button to work.  WooHoo!!
I finished my Chessie and Me Grande Olde Flag Sampler.  
 The original thread used was Belle Soie and Gloriana Silks.  
I used mostly Weeks over dyed thread in place.  
I was just as happy with the results.  
I had all the thread on hand.  
 Like I said in a previous post, I did it on 40 count over two linen.
  I wanted it to fit in a 5x7 frame.  I thought I had one on hand.  
I couldn't find one in my box o'frames. 
I have a Walmart one later this week.  I'll pick up one then. 
 The crows, cat, urn and letters are all done over one thread.  
Talking about challenging the old eyes but, it worked.  In these instances, I did just half an "x".  
Had I done a full "x", I think it would have been too bulky.  
I plan to get started on LHN Virtues Faith.  I have kept all the threads segregated in a floss box so I don't have to go looking for them.  The thread colors have been pretty consistent only varying one  to two colors.  I think the sheep in this one is black or dark brown.  I have some Wisper thread I may sub for it.

Very busy week coming up.  I can't believe how the summer is flying by.  I just moved all the June receipts from the folder to a envelop to be filed.  It never ceases to amaze me how fast a month shoots by.

Have a great week.  Thanks for the great comments and stopping by today.
Keep on Stitching
Monica

5 comments:

  1. Lovely finish. I really like the Americana pieces. I have so many I want to do but now I'm thinking I should start fall so I can get some finishes by October .

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous finish! So great to use overdyes out of your stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete