Thursday, January 12, 2012

Stash Enhancement at the Bee

I had to take my daughter to a doctor's appointment in Green Bay yesterday.  We can't let a 100 mile trip go without a stop at the Stitching Bee on Velp Avenue.  When we moved to the UP, I was stressed about not having a LNS.  We had moved from Cedarburg where there were three at the time within 6 miles.  I had done some research and found the Stitching Bee.  I guess you could say that it has become my LNS although it is not exactly local.  If  you are in the area it is a MUST.  It is the friendliest shop I have ever been in. Kendra is the best! You are welcomed as a long lost friend.  Once the weather gets better I may go for the thursday afternoon group.  I am also hoping someday to go on the fall retreat. 

I didn't take pictures of the store.  Another blogger posted a great montage on her blog so hopefully she won't mind that I kind of hijacked the pics....not really, here is her blog site.  It is a really nice blog and I have become a follower. 
http://maudeandmozart.blogspot.com/search?q=Green+Bay

I picked up a few things:  Yet another Prairie Schooler....but I LOVE PS.    I hope I don't have this one.  I did April or May last year with the sheep on it and now I just need to frame it. 

 Another Homespun Elegance.  I already have the Wisper thread for the beard. 
 A piece of 40 count linen that has gone up ridicously in price.....$200 per yard.  What is up with that???
And some threads that I anticipate will need for some upcoming projects. 
  And last but not least, I finished the hand work on the Homespun Elegance Santa.  I am going to finish it like the picture on the pattern without the chenille around the edge for the time being.  Maybe I will get some but that can be done later. 
So I am currently without a project more because I can't decide what to do next.  I have a pair of socks I am working on with the most amazing alpaca wool combination yarn.  The color is absolutely gorgeous!

Keep on Stitching!  It is snowing and blowing likes nuts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment