Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Latest Stitching Night

Stitching night was again at my house last night.  We rotate every other week.  I thought this time I would blog about what everyone was working on.  Even Patty had a project.  Usually she doesn't have one.  We threaten to throw her out but, she just laughs at us. 
 Patty's scarf.  It is a very pretty shade of pink but, this looks too orange.  She is doing a basketweave and a very good job at that.
 Jean has been working on this bib with a very cute turtle on it.  She did start a new Charles Craft bib with stars and  moons on it.  She is cross stitching her new granddaughter's name on it.  I missed taking a picture of that.  I think it is her first counted cross stitch.  Maybe we have a convert
 Ann wanted to straighten this out so you could see the whole thing but, then she spilled her coffee.  This is a LizzyKate.
 Arttie is working on cabin patterns.  I forgot to get the name of this one.  It may be a Little House Needleworks. 
 Sock number two for me.  I had the Mystery Sampler too but, this was more mindless and I could concentrate more on the conversation. 
Appearance by Buster who was a very good dog.  He greeted everyone.  He spent most of the night sleeping on the rug by the patio door. 

I didn't take a picture of the dessert.  It was amazing and a new, crazy easy recipe from the church cookbook. 

Caramel Chocolate Bars
1 pkg German Chocolate Cake Mix
1 can evaporated milk
1 14 oz pkg caramels
1/3 c.  butter melted
chocolate chips (the recipe called for a 6 oz pkg.  I don't know if they make those anymore.  I had a 12 oz pkg and probably used 10 oz.)
1 c. chopped pecans

Grease a 9x13 pan.  Preheat oven to 350
Mix the cake mix, melted butter, 1/3 c evaporated milk and nuts.  Press about 1/2-2/3 of the mix in the bottom of the pan and bake for 6 minutes.  Unwrap caramels and melt with 2/3 c of evaporated milk.  Sprinkle the chocolate chips ontop of the crust.  Pour the caramel sauce evenly over the chips.  Sprinkle the remained of the cake mix on top.  Bake 20 minutes. 

I served it with a scoop of Turtle Tracks ice cream....yum.

Thanks for checking in.  Keep on Stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment