Thursday, May 29, 2014

Two in One Day

Two posts in one day.  
That doesn't happen very often but, I had more than just the smalls.
I wanted to show more pictures too!

 The back side
 The inside so I have pockets for the needle packages.  
There is a pocket on the back flap.
After I had sewed it up, before I turned it right side out, I hoped I didn't screw up the direction of the pocket.  I thought I had checked it twice but, you know, self doubt. 
 Just a little doodah on the back of the book.
 The finished product...the button loop is a little too tight. 
 A good look at the button and the loop

 The Silver Needle in Tulsa, OK has been running specials all month.  
The first one was grab bags for $7.50, who could pass that up.
So, I got some for the stitching group.
We opened them last night.  
I should have taken more pictures but, I didn't.
There were some good patterns and some not so good.
At least there were no teddy bears.  
It was just fun and everyone was excited.
The little porcelain box has a tape measure in it.  
My friend Arttie got a kit that was the pincushion in the old zinc mason lids.  
There were a few patterns I may consider doing in the future.
Finally, got the rest of the flowers planted and started pulling weeds.  
Yippee!  Tomorrow is Friday!!!
Keep on Stitching
Monica

4 comments:

  1. All looks great, good luck gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your needlebook looks fabulous, Monica! Looks like some nice things in your grab bags! Happy to hear that you got the rest of your flowers planted. Enjoy your weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finish Monica. It looks like there was some good stuff in the grab bags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice stitching and finishing!

    ReplyDelete