Sunday, January 14, 2018

The Weather Has Been Wretched

I know the weather has been absolutely horrible in much of the country.  
We had a January thaw the early part of last week.
Thursday it started raining and it poured.  
Then the temperature began to drop and then things began to freeze.
The roads then got very bad.  
In anticipation of the weather, the schools were closed all day.  
The temperatures have stayed very cold. 
The highs the last few days have not gotten above 10. 
It was -16 this morning

I had a bad case of cabin fever and originally Bob was going burn brush but, it was too cold.
Instead we took a road trip to Green Bay to do some shopping and go out for lunch.  
Stopped at the Stitching Bee and picked up some sweet little patterns.  
 

I finished the first of the Prairie Schooler Winter Sampler.
I always love her verses.  

I sarted a new project I got about a year ago from Hands on Design called Winter Thyme.  
I really fell in love with this little needle keep
I think it will be very fun to work on.

Took a cute picture of Henry sleeping on my lap quilt last night.  
Bob and I went to see The Post this afternoon.  
Really and excellent movie and the importance of the First Amendment.
I highly recommend it.  

Hope you have had a warm and safe weekend. 
He have a great week.
Keep on Stitching 
Monica

5 comments:

  1. Those are some cold temps--more cold weather and lower temps on their way! Nice acquisitions for your stash

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked up some lovely charts on your outing. It is cold here, but nothing like your neck of the woods. We hit almost 70 degrees on Friday and today, it barely made it to the mid 20s. Henry looks worn out! Enjoy the coming week and keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember ever having such a long cold spell, it's awful.
    I would rather have snow!
    Great choices for your stash enhancement. :)
    Looks like Henry crashed, a cute pic.
    Stay warm!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That winter sampler is lovely! Perfect for this time of year. We hit 64 yesterday, an all-time high for January. DH and I have a very nasty virus so we didn't even get out to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is very nice,Thanks for sharing good blog.

    หนังตลก

    ReplyDelete