Thursday, June 4, 2015

I'm Still Alive

I'm still alive but, the craziness continues.
(Heavy sigh)
My house is still a disaster with everyone just dumping things.  

I have been stitching tho.
I have taken a break from His Eye on the Sparrow. 

I had won Stacy Nash's Country Sampler Early Alphabet Pinkeep from Samplers and Santas.  
It was my travel piece for a while and then I finished it.  
His Eye on the Sparrow is a monumental piece and I am taking a break for a little while.
Here is the pinkeep.

I just started working on Black Bird Design A Salute to Abigail that was part of the Prim Stitcher's group from Dyeing to Stitch.  I feel the need to do something patriotic for the 4th.  
I also just got the project I'm going to work on for my sister's birthday.  I don't know if it will be done for her birthday but, that's okay.  LOL.  

We are meeting each other in Chapel Hill NC mid July to visit Katy.  
That should be a fun time.  
If there is a good cross stitch store in the area, let me know.  
I know there is a needle point place not too far but, I'm just not a needlepointer.  

The weather is getting summery.  
The mosquitoes in the area are fierce.  
Our poor little brown bats have been ravaged by White Nose Disease a fungus.
Who knows if they will ever really recover.  

Have a wonderful weekend
Keep on Stitching
Monica

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finish! Nice start on your latest project. Not familiar with it, so I look forward to future postings.

    Enjoy the coming weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice finish! I think it's great to take a break when you are doing a huge project. When I did Autumn At Hawk run Hollow, I paused after every 3 squares. You will love Abigail, I did it last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you need a vacation on a quiet deserted island

    ReplyDelete