Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Jazzy Christmas

Hooray I didn't have to work today!
At least for a little while my Thursday are mine!
I have been wrapping Christmas presents and listening to Pandora Jazz Christmas.
I like the jazzy Christmas music about the best.  
I did a little Christmas shopping...just a Poinsettia for my mom.
I also picked her up some candied fruit for Stollen.
It is a raised dough Christmas bread she makes every year. 
She couldn't get the fruit at her local grocery store.  
I also hung her Christmas wall hanging and helped her decide borders for a quilt.

I finished the first sleeve of Katy's sweater and started on the second one.
I straightened out Ed's/sewing room, putting things away.
I also picked up puffed pastry and frozen stew veggies so I could make a chicken pot pie for dinner.
I like the puffed pastry better than pie crust.
The frozen veggies made it super easy.

I haven't worked on the Lo How a Rose this week but, have been working on 
Merry Eweies.
 Those sheep are so gosh darn cute!
Bob asked me what we were doing on Saturday because, if we didn't have anything planned, he want to go snowboarding in Marquette with Ed.
I still need to do some shopping that I can't get done around here.
Brilliant idea!
I could go to, shop while the boys snow board and then Ed could give me his key and I could go back to his apartment when I was done and take a nap in the Grandpa Mike chair (my dad's old recliner).
I will take some stitching, knitting and maybe Christmas cards.

And I won some floss this week from the Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe.
If you haven't signed up for her drawings you are really missing something!
Nancy is amazing!

Oh and BTW in Keweenaw County, about 90 miles north of here, they are up to 86 inches of snow so far.  They will probably have between 300 and 400 inches (I am not kidding!)
It is one of the snowiest areas of the continental US.  
It sticks out into Lake Superior.
Hope your week has been marvelous.  
Have a great weekend.
Thanks for the great comments...love them!
Keep Stitching
Monica




5 comments:

  1. Merry Eweies is adorable. Sounds like you are making good progress on the holiday plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little sheepies are adorable! Your road trip to Marquette sounds like a good adventure. Hmmm...maybe Keweenaw County would like to ship some of their snow to Virginia! I would be quite happy to take it off their hands.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sheep are so cute!!
    It sounds like you have a great weekend planned!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those sheep!!! Sounds like you have been very productive!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These little sheepies are so cute. I love them.
    Wishing you a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete