Sunday, November 3, 2013

Alpaca's, Adventures, Birthdays and Catch-Up

I was just kind of piddlin' around yesterday morning:  drinking coffee, stitching and catching up with The Witches of the East End, when my friend Arttie called me.  
She was going to the yarn store, the quilt store and then lunch with her nine year old step-daughter and called me to see if I wanted to join them.  
I really should have stayed home and cleaned but, that sounded a lot more fun.
I went with them.  
We did stop at a craft show before going to the other places.  
I didn't really see anything I couldn't live without.  
The only thing that I thought was a little different were the mittens made out of recycled sweaters.
They were $25 a pair.  I thought that was a little pricey until I saw a pair at the Hallmark store for $78.
I guess $25 was a deal.

Onward to Rainbow Yarns and Gifts where there is an Alpaca farm.  
I have blogged about these guys before.  
I just get a kick out of them.\ 
 There were several up by the parking lot checking everyone out.  
 The food dispenser wasn't working right so we couldn't get food to feed them.  
They will eat out of your hand.  
I love how they look like they are wearing bad toupee's.
I did pick up another skein of sock yarn, a book on scarves and some yarn to make a scarf.  
I picked up some fabric for finishing stitching projects. 
We let Karolyn pick lunch...chinese buffet.  
Fortunately, it was very busy so the food was fresh.  

Tomorrow is Bob's birthday.  
We had a lunch.  His mom got the cake.  
Can you tell it is a hunting theme.  
 We did lunch so he could hunt before dusk, his favorite time.
 This weeks addition to the PSS Mary's Sampler is the little shepherd.  
These pictures don't turn out very well.  
I think the dark fabric alternative turns out better.  
This isn't looking too bad.  
 I'm nearly done with the With Thy Needle and Thread freebie I saw on another blog.  
I really liked it and had to do it.  
Got another busy week.  
I also need to get ready for the Stitching Bee Retreat in Door County next weekend.  
I'm looking forward to it.
I had a very good time last year.  
I think I know what projects I'm bringing.  

Thanks for the great comments.  
I enjoy hearing from you.  
Hope you have a fabulous week.
Keep on Stitching
Monica

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day! Love the cake and the stitches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad toupees! LOL. I think your Mary's sampler is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice stitching and a great cake for a hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some cake!
    Your stitching is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great day out.
    Both projects are looking lovely

    ReplyDelete