Sunday, November 10, 2013

Stitching Retreat Weekend

I was in Door County this weekend for the Stitching Bee Retreat Weekend.  It is a little different then the ones I usually see in Blogworld.  It is a group of patrons from the Stitching Bee in Green Bay who just get together for stitching, shopping and socializing.  The resort is great.  Check it out here.  I just went on line and this place gets booked during the "season".  They are condo's
There was about 40-50 women there, stitching up a storm.  There is always a couple who just hang out.  There was one class this weekend that you could sign up for on Peyote beading.  I wasn't interested in that.  I just like to sit back and listen to everyone and stitch like nuts.  Its great not to feel guilty about stitching.  When I'm home, I love to stitch but, always figure there is something more I should be doing.  I can just stitch.

My work requires a lot of talking.  Often, by the time I get home, I have used all my words for the day and I really don't want to talk.  I have to usually call my 86 y/o mom but, she does all the talking because she hasn't talked that much that day that she does all the talking.

 I didn't take a whole lot of pictures since they wouldn't be that different than last year.  I hung out with the same people who were so wonderful to me last year when I was a newbie.

Everyone gets a stitching project bag and it had some goodies.  I forgot the little Prairie Schooler pattern and the candy.  Well, I ate most of the candy over the weekend.

Some of my acquisitions.

Kendra had some really great cases.  The general consensus was this would make a really great case for double pointed knitting needles.  As you can guess I concurred.

 I was really hoping she had this latest pattern from Homespun Elegance Merry Eweies.  I love this and love the sheep.
 This is a sweet little kit from Chessie and Me:  Noel House.  Some of my neighbors picked this one up and I fell in love with it.  It came home with me.
 On Saturday night, there are usually some games with prizes.  This year it was  "Whats in your Stitching Bag.'  I won my prize for having a check book in my stitching bag.  Imagine that.  Here is what I won.  That is really apropo.
 I picked up a cute little Magnetic Needle Minder.  I have gotten a ruler from this company that one of the dogs chewed on and ruined and a thread detangler my sister got me.  This can sit on my metal board.  It wasn't too seasonal either.
 So I worked on my Heart in Hands Thanksgiving Blessings:  before 

 And after the weekend.
There is an acorn next to the chicken that there wasn't enough contrast between the cap and the acorn itself.  I will be changing it.  
I should be able to finish this before Thanksgiving.  YeeHa!
Small world alert.
Last year I met Chris who has a sister in the same town I live in.  
This year the sister, Cindy was at the retreat.
I had her son as a client when he had a hand injury and her in-laws live just a few yards from us next to my mother-in-law.  
Just amazing!

Hope you have had a great weekend and have a really great week.  
I had an awesome weekend!
Keep on Stitching
Monica

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful weekend away Monica! Lovely progress and new stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fabulous weekend! Lovely new stash that you acquired!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buster did it...he will tell you different but don't listen to him.

    ReplyDelete