Sunday, April 18, 2021

Things Are Gradually Filtering In

I have been waiting for things to come that I've ordered.  
I want to get started on Scarlet House Smith Sampler.  
I got most of the silk from 123 Stitch but, they didn't have two of the colors I needed.  I figured the Attic would have them so I called them at the end of January and I'm still waiting.  
I also ordered last months sampler of the month Lucy Kerby 1805 and still waiting for that, waiting on silks.  
I know there are issues with getting supplies and thats okay.  
I see that Sassy Jacks has got a SAL starting sometime? for Fox and Rabbit Botany Bay.  
I got the pattern last year and just needed a reason to start it .  I ordered the fabric from Sassy Jacks, had about half the floss and ordered the rest from the Stitching Bee.  
I'm still waiting for Scarlett House Susan Jackson from the Bee so, as long as I was ordering the floss for Botany Bay, had her get the fabric for Susan Jackson...waiting for that.  
I ordered from 123 Stitch Scarlett House Little Deeds and some of the threads and Ceesie Smits which was on back ordered.  When that was back in stock ordered some of the thread I didn't have for that, actually subbing out some colors Weeks for some of the CC.  
I should be getting the Little Deeds I think this week.  
I ordered some Xude fabric about 6 weeks ago and I just got a noticed it shipped not sure if  I will get all three pieces or a piece of month.  
I ordered some Seraphim fabric a few weeks ago and that I just got.  
The top is 36 count Bees Knees and the bottom is 40 count Sand Dune.  
They are awesome colors and a half yard.  
Things will be filtering in.  
I got the sweetest package this week from The Grateful Stitcher whose beloved dog passed away at Christmas time when I started Pet All the Dogs.  
She sent me a beautiful thread ring and a bag of Charlee Bear treats for the boys.  

Both dogs were very excited but, only Buster got in the picture.  
They really do love these treats and they are easy on Buster's tummy.  
He has issues with the dye in some treats.  
He doesn't tolerate Greenies any more as he is getting older.  

An update on Ann Pierce Drown from SANQ 
Took a break from Martha Dawson a bit longer.  
I am nearly done with this and I think it should fit in an 8x5 standard fram.  
I hope I have one laying around  


I changed my chicken egg color to a bit more of the very light blue 928 because the light green I origanally matched was in a grey color family and I didn't want to use that.  I preferred going to the blue and happy I did.  
Sorry about  the wrinkles and shadows  
I don't have too much left to do, three lines of Alphabet, her name and the verse, 
"Industry is the path to happiness.".....Love it!


My friend Patty got her second vaccine so we went to the local yarn store together.  
I have been looking to a no-brainer dishcloth pattern.  
Mary Lynn had this by the yarn and it is a class piece she does...no pattern.  
I took a picture and figure it is 30-32 casted on stitches, six rows each stitch:  garter, stockingette, seed, stockingette, seed, stockingette and garter.  
I think I can handle that.  
Don't want to increase/decrease to make holes in the cloth.  
I did a pattern like that during lock down and it just stretches too much for my preference.  

So made a kind of key fob and stuck it do my knitting scissor as a reminder.  
Got to write things down, just in case I forget.  

Some of the sock yarn I got.  
I was knitting the Magic Heel sock for Katy but, she likes a longer leg.  
I was worried I was going to run out of yarn.  
I got the tanish brown for the heel and toe but, decided this pattern doesn't lend itself well to that.  
I think this pattern uses more yarn at the ribbed heel.  
I ripped it back and will do a turned heel.  
Finally, Henry was sleeping so funny last night....just a pile of feet.  

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.  
This was petter than prep weekend last week.  
The colonscopy went just fine....no new issues just a little diverticulitis....never bothers me.  
No polyps!
Got another short but, busy week and a long weekend coming HOORAY!

Stay Safe!
Keep on Stitching
Monica


 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot of nice haul coming your way!
    Pretty Sampler.
    Buster & Henry are so cute.
    I have gotten the same result from my colonscopy so we are good to go.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had good luck ordering silks from Hobby House Needleworks

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sampler is beautiful. Sleeping pose of Henry brings smile in my face. He is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sampler you are working on in your egg colors is gorgeous. Glad things are starting to arrive! Happy to hear your colonoscopy went well; yay on the no polyps. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that small sampler you made from the different egg colors. It is really pretty! I wanted to use the color pomegranate on a sampler I am starting. I tried so many places and no pomegranate to be had. So I subbed for another color. I wonder if and when things will ever get back to the way they were in our stitching world!

    ReplyDelete