Sunday, April 25, 2021

I finished Ann Pierce Drown today with my chicken egg colors.   
I did use more of a blue than the original bluish green 3072 that was a better match for the blue green of the egg because of variation I wanted.  
I used 40 count light examplaire and used some antiquing spray to grunge it up.  
It is a pattern from SANQ Fall 2011, a sweet marking sampler.  
Her name and the verse were done over one.  
I have found the best way for me to see the threads of the linen is to work with my glasses off.  

Bob and I went to Traverse City this weekend to see our friend Greg and his girlfriend.  
We are all vaccinated so felt comfortable venturing away from home.  
Fortunately, it is pre-season so there were a few people around but, not like it will be in another month.  
Took a few days off work which is a beautiful thing
We did some shopping and saw these weird rock birds at a garden shop.  
I think the owner of the store was the weirdest bird.  

The darker ones above are kind of a zombi bird. 
The lighter stones are kind of cute.  

Found a little yarn shop tucked into a  alley walk that had a lovely selection of yarn.  
I had texted the below picture to Katy, we often swap yarn pictures when traveling.  
When I sent her the picture below, she immediately called me to get her a skein she saw in the picture.  

Close up of the color she wanted me to get for her.  
I got a skein of some Michigan dyed yarn that I haven't taken a picture of yet.  
Another view of the store, it is small but quite a selection

One more shot

We had stopped at a junk shop in Traverse City.  
I'm always looking for things to use for finishing or frames.  
The frames all had stuff in them that the seller I'm sure thought was worth something....not.  
I did find this little hanging box.  
Not sure what it is for but, I could put a stitched piece somewhere on it.  
I worked on a washcloth on the drive and it was simple and fun.  
I took a picture of the end caps to send to Katy, thinking they were hers.  
I found them in the backseat cup holder. 
They aren't hers.  Thinking Patty may ahave left them a few years ago when we went on retreat.  
Show how much I'm in the back seat.  

I have tomorrow off get done what you never do when you are gone over the weekend. I have a crazy busy day on Tuesday so, it almost doesn't pay to take time off.  I will get some stitching in.  Excited about that.  

Hope you had a good weekend!  Now back to Martha Dawson until I decide what I want to work on next.  Lots to think about.  I'm hoping I get my silk I need to start the Smith Sampler.  I should just work on Martha until that comes.  

Have a great week!  Stay safe, wear a mask, social distance and vaccinate.   I am hoping we are in the home stretch.  

Keep on stitching
Monica
 

5 comments:

  1. Ann is so pretty in those egg colors.
    What beautiful yarns & looks like a great shop.
    I think those boxes were called candle boxes, used to store them.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your sampler finish! Love the colors you used for her. It sounded like you had a good adventure away. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egg colors are pretty and also the sampler. Lovely yarns and threads in the shop.. Happy to look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the egg colors you used in that pretty design!! So you were in Traverse City! That is one of my favorite places. Have you ever been to Torch Lake? I went up there every summer of my life until I was married. We even considered retiring to Traverse City. We ended up here in the NW because we have family here and the winters are much milder. But that area in Michigan will always have a very special place in my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful sampler, Monica and what a fun day out it sounds like you had. Those rock birds are just so stinking cute. I could see one of those in my garden and oh what yummy colors in the yarn shop. Have a wonderful week and thank you again for stopping by my blog. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete