Sunday, April 11, 2021

Got To Do This Fast

I have to do this speedy because I'm prepping for my colonscopy tomorrow.  
I will be glad when this is over  
It's not my first one just, a pain in the you know where.  
I drank all that horrible stuff.  
I did try a cherry flavored one and I have to say its not as awful as the lemon lime.  

I've been working on Martha Dawson 1832 all week.  
The rose bud border on this is just beautiful!
I will probably start doing some of the center motifs tomorrow night.  
I should be able to see straight by then.  
I think this little animal is something else.  
I don't know what it is.  
I decided to do a small marking sampler from the Fall 2011 Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly, the Ann Pierce Drown Sampler
I'm using my chicken egg colors, added some darker blue or grey incase I need it. 
I had a small piece of Light Examplar that I used some Antiguing Spray on to darken and grunge it up some.   

I have been working on Sarah Braizear from Hands Across the Sea.  
I just have the satin stitching to do around the border.  
It was a good project for today since I don't have to focus that hard  or be that perfect.  
Easy to pick up and put down.....if you know what I mean.  
There was some big news this weekend. 
Katy and her boyfriend Steve got engaged!
Bob and I have known about it for almost two weeks and had to keep it on the downlow.  
We are so pleased!
He's a very nice young man and happy to welcome him to the family!

I do have a couple of small things to work on, including the Ann Pierce Drown Sampler.  
She is only 145x95 so on 40 count fabric, it should fit in a small pre-made frame that I should have around the house.  

I've had a long weekend.  
I worked Thursday because I had to have a Covid test Friday in preparation for the colonscopy.  
It has been a pretty good weekend all things considered.  
I had to quarantine after the test and well you know, I had to stay home and stitch. 

Hope your weekend was good and you are safe from the weather.  
Stay safe, wear your mask, social distance and get a vaccine when you can.  

Keep on Stitching 
Monica 

 

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on your colonoscopy. They are a necessary evil. Congrats on your daughters engagement. How fun! Like your progress and especially like the rose border on Martha Dawson. I think that like guy is a playful puppy. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on your Samplers.
    Congrats to Katy!
    Good luck with your test.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching you shared! Congratulations and best wishes on your daughter's engagement. Hope your colonoscopy goes smoothly today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By now that procedure is way past you. I hope all was well. I have had several of them over my life and the day before is by far the worst of it. That sampler is absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations to your daughter. What a happy time for your family!

    ReplyDelete