Sunday, November 22, 2020

We Got the Dreaded Call

Bob's mom lives in an Assisted Living and is 91.  She has macular degeneration, blind in one eye, very hard of hearing, Afib, Diabetes and Dementia. They tested everyone at the assisted living.   She had a doctors appointment on Thursday, Bob met her at the doctor's office because someone had to be there.  Not sure what the purpose of the appt was other than to check her blood sugar.  She is checked daily by the nursing staff.  He was in the exam room with her for an 1-1.5 hours.  She pretty much slept th entire time and generally didn't look good.  The appointment probably should have been postponed.  She didn't really interact with him, the doctor and he wasn't exactly sure she knew who he was.  

While we were cleaning yesterday, he got the call from the nurse at the Assisted living, letting him know she tested positive.  That means, he had a pretty good exposure.  He is now on quarantine and in the basement rec room.  There is a full bath down there.  He has to call his doctor's office tomorrow to find out when to get tested.  This also means he can't go for therapy on his shoulder this week.  

He comes upstairs to get food until, God forbid, he starts with symptoms.  Keeping our fingers crossed and praying for the best.  UGH!!!

Can't really show too much of what I'm working on since much of what I am working on are Christmas presents  

I have been working on a pair of socks.  This is the pair that flared up my elbow last weekend.  The elbow is doing much better.  Just can't knit for too long.  

I don't know if it was the wind or a neighborhood buck that has been beating up on our light up Christmas buck.  We have found it tipped over twice.  Ed was overy on Saturday to get the recliner Bob has been sleeping in since he had his Rotator Cuff repair.  Before he left, we got the deer back up but,one of the legs was not right.  We decided to move it closer to the house, on a flatter surface and then got some supports to help hold it up.  It was still standing today. It is looking good.  

When my mom was still alive and thinking pretty well, she let us know what she wanted us to have.  She gave me and my sisters her jewelry and her favorite things.  She insisted I have her Christmas dishes.  I have Lennox China:  bone china with a gold rim and I have some serving pieces in the Lennox Christmas pattern.  I really didn't think I needed her Christmas Pfaltzgraff but, like I said, she was very insistent.  I have it in the bottom of my china cabinet.  No one wants china or china cabinets these days.  We have my mother in laws china in the basement along with her Waterford cyrstal because my bother in law and his wife don't want that either.   I hate to get rid of it.  I am hoping a grandchild wants it.  I digress.  

Last year, I decided I should get some coffee mugs since my mom didn't have the Winterberry cups.  She had collected a variety of Christmas mugs.  I was going to order some but, decided to wait.  I remembered I wanted to do that so I ordered eight mugs from Amazon.  They came this week.  I was so excited.  They don't scream Christmas and can be used or a while this winter.  Bob warned me when I got home, the box didn't sound good......

Half the cups were busted.  One was pretty much completely destroyed.  There was no bubble wrap, cushion or anything.  I called Amazon and have four more coming.  I hope they make it here in one piece.  
Getting ready for a New Year SAL.  The 100/3 silks are coming for Martha Dawson 1832.  I think this is going to be very fun.  I am really looking forward to it.  I love the verse:  

I crave not Riches Norvet Length of Days. Lord give me Wisdom to Direct my Way.

 
The good thing this week is that I took the whole week off.  I thought Katy and Steve were going to be there but, with the state of the Covid world, it wasn't in the books.  I decided to still take the week off.  Now it looks like that was probably a very good idea.  I am hoping to get a lot of Christmas stuff done.  Will wait to see what happens to decide whether to put of the tree this week or wait.  I am hoping to get some final finishing on some Christmas presents.  Not sure if we will exchange with the stitching group since we have been meeting virtually since September when the numbers started increasing.  

Well that about sums it up. 
Hope you had a good week without bad surprises.  
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  
Stay safe, wear your mask, wash your hands and socially distance  
Keep on Stithcing 
Monica

4 comments:

  1. Oh boy Monica, you have your hands full. So sorry about your husband. Praying he does not develop symptoms. This nasty pandemic has gotten on all our last nerves. I had Franciscan ware as my “good China” and several years ago I started using it as my everyday dishes. Why save it! I have only broken one casserole cover in about 15 years. And You forgot the silver! I have my mother’s. Who wants to use real silverware anymore? Hoping your replacement t mugs arrive safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Bob's Mom, hope she recovers quickly.
    Hope Bob doesn't get any symptoms.
    It might be Deer messing with the Deer, they trash our bird feeder at night.
    Those mugs are beautiful, but what person in their right mind would pack them with out bubble? Glad you can replace them.
    That's going to be a beautiful Sampler.
    I think we will put the tree up this week.
    We bought a 9' after Christmas last year.
    Hope you have a better week.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica, I am sorry to hear that Bob's Mother has tested positive and that Bob may have been contaminated. I am praying for them and your family. Have a relaxing and peaceful week off. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I will for sure keep Bob in my prayers and hope he will be ok. The nursing homes out here are getting hit very hard too. It is sure a hard time. My DD lives only a half hour away but she works out in the public to a degree so she decided to not come for Thanksgiving so her parents would be safe! She is a very thoughtful person! But I will sure miss her. It will be just the two of us.

    ReplyDelete