Sunday, November 1, 2020

Boys Day Out

Bob has been getting antsy being at home and not able to drive. 
I took him to camp and we took both dogs. 
Henry goes more than I do but, it was the first time for Buster.  
Just the trip was an experience.  
We took the pickup truck and I have only driven it once before and its big.  
We had to take the little cooler and use it to block the path to the front seat to contain Buster.  
Then, as he looked out the window in the back seat, he triggered the window button and lowered the window.  
I'm going 55 mph and can't get the window back up because he is still standing on it. 
Both dogs have their heads out the window, freaking me out, worried the Shih Tzu is going out the window.....at 55 mph.  
He got off the button and I got it back up and was able to lock the control. 
The dogs sort of settled down and we eventually got to the property without any further incident.   
   Everyone super excited to be there.  
I brought my knitting, just in case.  
Buster wore the bell so we could keep track of where he is.  
Whenever he was smelling the ground, the bell was dragging.  
Usually, Henry wears the bell and Bob couldn't find the smaller one he has  
You can sort of see the bell.  
We took a walk, well Bob and I did.  
Henry went on a Zoom.  
Buster was interested in everything and would run ahead or straggled behind.  
Both dogs were definately smiling as they went.  
Bob  was smiling too!  I don't know which one of the boys was the happiest. 

    I did get some knitting time in after lunch .  
We brought a picnic with us and some treats for the furry boys. 

                       I'm way further than this but the picture didn't post on my google photo.  
I baked cookies today.  
There were sea salt caramel chips on sale 2 for $5 so, I got some to try  
The recipe was on the back of the chips for Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Chip cookies.  
They are the bomb.  
Hershey makes the chips and I highly recommend this recipe.  
 
I am nearly done with Block 11, the turkey of Autumn at Hawk Run Hollow.  
Don't forget to vote.  
I did in person just after Bob had his surgery.  

Keep wearing a mask, hand sanitize and socially distance.  
Waiting for Virus Hunter on Nat Geo to start. 
Have a great week and stay safe!
Keep on Stitching
Monica

3 comments:

  1. Sounds you they all had fun at Camp.
    Buster is too cute.
    Mmmm, those cookies look delicious!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a good outing out to the camp. Glad the boys had a good time. Those cookies look so good. Hmmm, salted caramel chips! Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that looks like a fun day. I bet you were worried when the dogs had control of the window! Those cookies do look yummy and great progress on Autumn at HRH.

    ReplyDelete