Sunday, November 8, 2020

Baby It’s Warm Outside

It has been unseasonably warm here.  The daily lows for the last five days has been warmer than our usual highs at this time.  
I texted Ed to see if he would help me with the outdoor Christmas decorating.  Usually we do it in the dark and when its cold and crummy.  He thought was a stellar idea.  
The other issue is, the bushes that were infront of the porch, were removed this summer.  We usually put lights on those.  The first thing Ed and I did was go to Home Depot and get some new decorations.  We threw out some things at the end of the year last year because they were just worn out.  
Buster the Supervisor
He was exhausted after following me around.
We got a new swag for the window and for the railing on the front porch to add a little more since the 
bushes are gone.  
Bob puts in stakes where the sprinkle heads are so we don't ruin them with the snowblower.  
Picked up the topiary at Home Depot and thought it might look nice on the front porch.  
Notice the Supervisor in the doorway.  
I really like being able to put some decorations on the patio but, its dangerous.  It can't be too far out because, when Bob blows a path for the boys, he runs over cords and messes up the snowblower.  We had a year when the last real tree we had fell over and demolished half our ornaments.  It was tragic, to say the least.  We got an artificial pre-lit tree and left the old lights and set it up on the patio that year.  It was pretty cool.  So I got a small artificial tree, put it in a planter and put a string of big lights on it.  Now, I'm just to get the timer to work the right way.  I can move it a little more to the patio door if I want and it shouldn't interfere with the snow blower.  
I have had some finishes.  It has been some of the goals I set last year with the March or May what ever.  I finished part three of LHN Farmhouse Christmas Grandpa's Pick-up.  

 I finished block 11 of Autumn at Hawk Run.  I have one more block to do and it is done.  I plan on starting that when I'm done with this.  
Turned the heel on a pair of socks I am making for Christmas.  Notice the Supervisor making sure I stick to the job by not letting me roam around the house. 


We have had a surge of Covid here.  The county population is about 25,000 and we have been averaging 20 new cases a day, probably five deaths a week.  The schools had gone vitual for two weeks then the health department said the positivity rate was going down (NOT) and re-opened them for four days and now back to vitual.  I understand the difficulty for working parents and I'm so glad I don't have to make those decisions.  The High school and the middle school went vitual on Friday because they didn't have enough subs.  The elementary school gowes vitual tomorrow.  The hospital keeps expanding the Covid unit.  We may be full now, I'm not sure.  I don't figure its going to get better anytime soon.  
Hope you are staying safe!
Wash your hands, socially distance, get enough sleep.


4 comments:

  1. Your decorations are so pretty, love that Topiary.
    Nice finishes.
    Buster is too cute being your supervisor. :)
    Yes, the Covid surge here is scary.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh haven’t even thought of Christmas decorations but yours does look nice. Loving that turkey stitch! Stay well

    ReplyDelete
  3. The front of your house looks lovely and festive, Monica. Well done on your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just loved seeing all your pretty decorations! You were both so smart to do it with nice weather. So far in November we are very cold and wet so we are waiting and hoping for a good day. I also loved that LHN piece. I have been bogged down with the names on Coming To America. I am about ready to stop and finish it after Christmas. The 13 rows of names is a bit daunting. But while I am stitching the names I try to think about that woman's life and how brave she was.

    ReplyDelete