Sunday, December 30, 2018

Some Reveals

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.  
Ours was very good.
I had the whole week off but, it went way too fast.  
Back to work tomorrow but, then another day off!

Since I have given out all the Christmas presents, I can post them.  
I did forget to take the pictures of tow of the Santa's I made....I just forgot and packed them up to be mailed.  Well Duh!

I did take pictures of the rest.  
The Polar Bear Santa went to my sister if Florida.  
The other Santa went to my sister-in-law in Georgia
These were the Sabta's do the stitching group based on what they typically work on.
Ann got the Cross Stitching Santa, Arttie the Quilting Santa and Patty the Knitting Santa.  
I also made a Knitting Santa for Katy.  
I didn't make any for me....someday.  
Made a Beef Wellington for Christmas.
It was spectacular.  
Katy wasn't home for Christmas but, she is home this weekend.
I'm making a Prime Rib.  
New Years isn't going to anything fancy......maybe PB&J since the food budget is blown.  
Not really but, there will be really good leftovers this week.  
I'm nearly done with the BBD Merry Christmas.  
I'm doing the side piece that will go around the drum.  

I
I have been watching the Tutorial on making a needle drum on the Twisted Stitcher Flosstube.  
I made a pin drum earlier this year but, really haven't been happy with the way it turned out.
It's kind of lopsided.  
I took that apart and will use her method when I'm ready to finish this one.  
I used Little House Needleworks Tree Lot to make a throw pillow for Katy.  
This is what I used the 7 count Klostern.  
It pretty much fills up the 11x18 pillow form I got.  
I did add and extra tree in both rows just to make it fit a little better.  
I'm delighted with how it turned out!
I may have to get more fabric and make one for me next year.  
I used six strands of DMC, stripping it for better coverage. 

Thought about doing a round up of all the projects I finished this year. 
Maybe I will get to it on Tuesday but, then again maybe not.  
Depends on how ambitious I am. 

Hope you are having a great Christmas and have a wonderful New Year!

Keep on Stitching!
Monica 

5 comments:

  1. The people who got your Santas are very fortunate. I have that same BBD piece. I was debating just doing the circle and looking for a pretty round frame. Or maybe sending it away and have someone else do the finishing. Still no decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the Santas are nice, lucky recipients!
    The Beef Wellington looks delicious!
    Can't wait to see that drum finished.
    The Klostern pillow sounds pretty.
    Wishing you the best in 2019!!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is beautiful but I especially love the quilter and cross stitching Santas! Those may be on my to do list for 2019

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous projects/gifts you shared! Enjoy this last day of 2018 and wishing you a fabulous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous stitching and gifts ♥️ Food is fabulous....Happy New Year in 2019 May you find many hours of stitching..Blessings

    ReplyDelete