Thursday, July 12, 2018

My Cape Has “P” On It

First, Thanks for all the wonderful comments.  
Blogger use to shoot them to my email, but, not happening anymore. I am feeling better and now just waiting to hear from physician offices.  
I have been off work this week and working on exercising, building up my endurance and gradually weaning off the prednisone.  
It is quite the medication.  
It has really helped but, comes with some side effects.  
You don't sleep much on this stuff, it has gotten better since I dropped to 20 mg.  
It does really wire you up during the day.
I feel superhuman, my cape has a big ole "P" on it.  
I have been getting stitched pieces finished.  

Finished everything but the strawberry from the Summer Schoolhouse Samplers from
With Thy Needle and Thread.
Just absolutely love these pieces!
My Joanne Fabrics box turned out great too.  
My husband did a great job chalk painting it for me.  

Framed Chessie and Me Angels O'er This House (I think)
It was sitting in the closet and I had a frame it would fit into.  
I had redone the initials because the charted floss blended too much with the grass.  
My first attempt at pin drum.
Its a little lopsided but, my friend Arttie says, "It's primitive."
It is Acorn House from Heartstring Samplery.  
Not sure I'm, going to do more of these...finishing is well....
Framed Painted Threads Sampler from Threadwork Primitives.  
I saw it, had to buy it, and Kendra had it at the Bee when I stopped and immediately started stitching it.  
I don't know why it grabbed me so!
I have been working on Margaret Cottam Sampler that was a three piece project, maybe a mystery?
I am nearly done with the border.
Can't wait to get started on the guts.  
I am part of the SAL for Sarah Braizear 1829 from Hands Across the Sea Samplers.  
I finally got the rest of the over dyes yesterday in the mail.  
I am doing it on 40 count Flax.  
It is monumental but, very cool.  
Not sure I will get it done in the time frame but, will give it the old college try.  
So many patterns, so little time. 

I have been following a few Floss Tube channels. 
I really like the Saltbox Stitcher and Primitive Stitcher.  
I also like Vonna Pfeiffer's channel.  
I should have watched the turtorial on pin drums....maybe before, do I dare say it, attempt another one.  
I have kind of a hard time with the silly ones that laugh and joke for an hour.  
I must be too serious.  
I ride my exercise bike and watch these.  

That about wraps it up.  
I assure you, I am feeling better and thank you again for the kind words and prayers.  

Keep on Stitching
Monica

11 comments:

  1. Loving seeing how your projects are coming along. I know how meds can change sleeping patterns as I`m on some at the moment too. When taking 8 @ once I didn`t sleep for 48 hours. Stitching time for me too. I am enjoying floss tube as well and get tempted to try an get the patterns they are using.:) I`ve made quite a few Project Bags like Primitive Stitcher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I ordered one pattern that I saw on the Saltbox Stitcher....the one right behind her. It drove me crazy wondering who it was by. Thankfully or not, she did at the end of the post and I ordered it. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Summer Schoolhouse Looks great, love the box.
    Great Chessie, I like her older patterns, the houses are so cool.
    Sorry about the side effects, that happened to me once, I took Mucinex D, and was wired!
    Could've probably cleaned the whole house 10:00 at night!
    Have a great weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its getting better as I'm decreasing the amount. I slept the last two nights...hurrah!
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Monica, glad to hear you are feeling better. It looks like a side effect was putting you in finishing mode. Each one of your finishes are fabulous.

    Here is a link to Jo's blog that should provide you with the blogger comment fix, http://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/2018/06/finally-solution-to-comment.html . Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaks for the link but, it said it wasn't there anymore. Do you happen to remember which post it is? I saw a post on another blog that recommended to check the notify me box for every blog post. It usually doesn't work until after someone has posted a comment, then it will work. Oh well, I usually just try to check periodically. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. The fix for the blogger comments is to erase, save, reset, and resave my email address in the setting (Go to settings then email on your dashboard) to get your comments emailed to you. You'll then get an email to validate the process. The address Robin provided above worked for me.

    Beautiful finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! You recommendations may have worked. Will see after the next post. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better and hope you're totally off the prednisone by now.
    I've joined the Sarah Brazier Facebook group, but don't plan to stitch it - just want to enjoy watching everyone's progress! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thsnks. Its fun to watch the progress. Amazing how fast skme people can stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very beautiful and so lovely work :) i like your good idea ,Thanks for the inspiration!

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete