Sunday, July 9, 2017

Prairie Schooler Summer Samplers.

I was hoping to be done with the words at the top of the piece but, just didn't get it done.  
The picture is a little off kilter but, I was having some issues.  
I had an assistant.  
Buster decided he needed to let me know he needs to be the focus.  
The thing is, he really doesn't like to have his picture taken.  
He was kind of cooperative tonight in a "let me lay on your stitching" mood.  
Got a nose and eye.  
"Let me hold that piece down for you."
I needed some fabric.
I have a bunch of PS samplers I eventually want to do. 
I looked on 123 Stitch for Lambswool but, it is way on back order.  
I don't know that I really like Lambswool because it is really stiff.  
I looked at colors and decided to get a yard of Mocha which is pretty close to the Lambswool and much softer.  
I also got a small piece of Country French Golden Needle which is a little darker.  
Got the rest of the floss for the Summer School Sampler.  
My friend Arttie was on vacation and went to a sale of a store going out of business and found a massive amount of 40 ct linen in an off white with a darker fleck.  
It is an older piece but, she bought a whole bolt of it for $2.50 a yard, what it was initially wholesale.  So, I bought some from her.  
I figure it can use it for things and I have a five yard piece.
The Country French Golden Needle looks darker next to it in the photo.  
I made this salad recipe tonight as a dessert.  
OMG, is this stuff great.  
Never got around to making if for the 4th but, did it today and it is amazing!
That about sums it up.  
Watching the History Channel show about Amelia Earhart.
So far it is pretty interesting.  

Hope you have had a great weekend!
Keep on Stitching
Monica

6 comments:

  1. Hi Monica beautiful work,lol Buster is funny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helpers are a good thing. Your linens are beautiful and you got some great deals. Have you watched Netflix about the Earhart sisters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee-Hee!
    Buster wanted all of your undivided attention! :)
    Great fabrics, the Samplers will all look nice on those colors.
    Thanks for the recipe link, some great salads there!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun dog pictures. Your friend got quite the deal. I just can't stitch on 40 count my eyes are just not good enough! Love the look of the letters on the sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Summer Sampler is looking good, Monica. What a super selection of fabrics you picked up! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It shouldn't take this long to frame a piece! I hope you get it back quickly and undamaged!

    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete