Thursday, December 11, 2014

Getting Ready for Christmas and Distruction....Yikes


I have a good start on last years Lizzie Kate Mystery Sampler.  Since it isn't a mystery I started in the center.  I prefer to start in the center.  It usually stays pretty even around the border.
I am nearly done with this panel.  
 We went Christmas shopping today.  Bob took the day off.  We decided we would get ourselves a big screen TV.  The TV in our living room still has a picture tube.  This one is WiFi and a smart TV.  My husband has a hard enough time trying to get the button for the cable box to work.  Hopefully he won't be reading this but, I doubt he will have this figured out at all.  Don't tell him I said this.

On the ride, because we had to travel, I nearly finished Bob's sock.  I worked on it while he wandered around Cabela's for a half hour.  Sat in a comfy chair by the fire place.  I just have to weave the toe and I'll be done.  I want to start on a pair for Ed.  He blew out the last pair I made him.  I had to repair it last year.  However, with Henry Ford being especially crazy lately, I don't anticipate it will be easy to knit.  The kids got me this a few years ago and I think it will be perfect to use with yarn it it.   I will just have to keep the needles safe from that crazy dog.
We had our Christmas Potluck at work this week.  I made this.  It is really good!!  I had to bring the recipe to work the following day.  

Squash with Applesauce Casserole
Serves 6-8

1 16 oz can Applesauce
1 ½ c. summer or acorn squash frozen or cooked (mash it)
½ c. brown sugar
½ tsp salt
½ c. evaporated milk
2 eggs beaten
¼ c. melted butter
1 ½ c. buttered bread crumbs (mix the bread crumbs with the ¼ c. melted butter)
½ tsp nutmeg
½ c. slivered almonds

Combine all the ingredients except the almonds.  Put into a buttered casserole and
Sprinkle with almonds.  Bake a 375 for 45 minutes

Speaking of crazy Henry Ford....he has been on the rampage this week killing his babies.  He destroyed another one tonight.   This week he has destroyed a pig, a loofah and tonight another don't know what to call it thing.  He is the picture of the dissimation of the Loofah Larry from early this week.  Buster helped a little 
 The white thing with the brown nose is what got destroyed tonight.  Guess what the boys are getting for Christmas.
That pretty much sums it up.  Been very busy these days getting ready for Christmas.  Last week I took my mom Christmas shopping and kept her on task.

Thanks for stopping and leaving the lovely comments.
Keep on Stitching.
Monica

1 comment:

  1. I do like the mystery sampler. That is one I didn't get the charts for. Sounds like you and your DH have the same idea as we have. We are getting a flat screen also. Like you, we still have the old big picture tube type. We are still puzzling over all the choices!!

    ReplyDelete