Thursday, August 14, 2014

Celebrate the Champagne Moments

Last weekend was my college girls weekend.  
I almost didn't think I was going to make it because of everything I had been through at work and with my mom.  
I made it a day after everyone else got there.  
It is always a good weekend full of talk, wine, projects and food.  
It was Rummage-a-Rama in the Wabeno area.
We found some awesome things.  
Here is our booty artfully exhibited on the front porch of the cabin.  
 We take so many pictures that a few years ago we started scrap booking to archive our exploits.  
We have pictures dating back to the college days.  
Its a lot of fun to see how different everyone's is with the same pictures and much of the same supplies.  
 I brought beads for bracelets.
This should be a good picture for next year.
 We had seen something like this last year at an arts and craft show.
We had found rusty metal pieces from Mary Beth's husband's stash of crap.
I donated the fishing line and Jan brought the bling we hot glued to the line then attached to the metal.  
 The main quote this weekend was, "Celebrate the Champagne Moments."  Mickey brought an Italian sparkling wine called Proseco, really tasty!
You know we really forget about doing things like that.  
Everyone should have a bottle on hand for those times.  
 I finished my Freedom House Button Sampler.  
I thought I would have been done with it a month ago but, time has just been racing by. 
I started working on Christmas presents.  
I will probably post because no one will really know what I'm going to do with it.  
I'm blogging and listening to Hozier.  
I think I'm becoming a huge fan.
After I get done with this I will have to find out more about him.
Love his voice.

Haven't had much time to blog either.  
Hope your week has been smooth sailing.
Mine has not...oh well.

Keep on stitching
Monica

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun week-end! A very pretty finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, prosecco! What a fun weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you were able to make it for your weekend away. It looks like such a good time!! Your finish is so cute! I had that pattern out recently but talked myself out of ANOTHER new start. Might have to get it out again after seeing your sweet finish!! Laura

    ReplyDelete