Friday, July 4, 2014

Hooray for the Fourth!

Happy Fourth of July.
Some of the Patriotic Themed pieces from Homespun Elegance.
I have one more I've been working on but, haven't made much progress.
I finished the Land of the Free Sampller.
I had taken pictures of the progress but, life has been busy and didn't get posts done.
I changed some of the colors once I had stitched it and didn't like the contrast. 
Or should I say, lack of contrast.
When I bought the buttons, I couldn't get a rabbit.
I substituted a squirrel.
These buttons never stay on straight.  
It gives it that quirky somethingelse.    
These roses are really taking over the garden.  
It has taken sometime for them to spread.
They actually cut well. 
They don't bloom all summer.  
One has even popped up in the Autumn Sedum.  
The pots on the patio are doing well. 
We have been having plenty of rain but, not an over abundance like some parts of the Midwest.
We also haven't had sweltering heat.  
I have been on vacation/staycation this week.  It has been very busy.  It's becoming time for my mom to go to Assisted Living.  We met with a home care worker so she can do her shopping, take her to appointments and the library as needed.  She is still very independent but, does get very lonesome and needs some company.

Tuesday, we toured the Assisted Living facility closer to my house.  She seemed to like it and we got her name on the waiting list.  We figured out her finances so, she seems a little more relaxed with the idea.  I'm hoping she stays on board with the whole thing.

Wednesday, Katy (who has been home and the main reason why I took the week off) and I went to Milwaukee for her doctor's appointment.  That always is a 12 hour day, 7.5 hours just in travel.
Yesterday, just tried to recover.  Today will be having a barbeque.

Have a Star Spangled Fourth!
Keep on Stitching.
Monica

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful finishes and flowers. I hope it all works out with the Assisted Living facility. It's a hard transition but, hopefully, it all works out. My late MIL did so much better when she moved to assisted living. She hadn't been able to take care of herself much when she was still living in her house despite my 2 SIL's going over often to help her out. (We live 1200 miles away from there.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching and flowers all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stitches!

    Found you via the prim stitchers facebook group. HELLO!

    ReplyDelete