We had a German Wirehaired Pointer who we had to put down a few years ago because he was very sick with Blastomycosis. It is a fungal infection of the lungs that is difficult to cure.
We tried the cure but, it was either too far along or he just wasn't tolerating it.
He didn't have really any symptoms until he wasn't eating his usual amount. I attributed some of that to Bob being out of town working a few weeks. Then he stopped weight bearing on one of his front legs. So, I took him to the vet two days after that. At first they thought he had cancer. Then they did some lab work to see if it was Blasto. It is very difficult to cure.
It got to the point I didn't want to see him suffer any longer.
Bob was especially devastated by this and it has taken a long time for him to get over it and decide to get a new puppy.
When he decided it was time for a new puppy, he contacted the same breeder we got Huck from.
Two of his females either aborted or weren't pregnant.
Finally on July 8th we got the phone call that he had 8 puppies: 4 males and 4 females.
We are number 5 on the list.
We just love this breed.
They are so goofy and great bird dogs.
This was Huck
This is what a puppy looks like.
I downloaded this from the web.
I expect in another couple of weeks we will have to take a trip to the breeder and make our pick.
We would like a male.
I did some sewing today and started the finishing process on two Threadwork Primitive pieces.
And My Needle is Sharp
Right side out now.
I plan on filling this with Walnut Shells for a pin cushion by my sewing machine.
This ended up a little wonky.
I think I may round out that side a little.
I will probably really finish them Wednesday during stitching group. I have been working on my socks and have the second one started and am past the ribbing.
Otherwise, just another really busy weekend. Hope you had an enjoyable weekend.
Thanks for stopping and the wonderful comments.
Keep on Stitching